1,012

on 5 January 2012
I love this stand! I have an Defender case on my iPad and basically tossed aside the provided stand in favor of the Arkon Portable.

Pros:
- slim design that fits easily in bags and pockets when folded up
- seemingly unlimited viewing angles - this was the real reason I wanted it as most stands have 2 or maybe 3 viewing angles, most of which left a glare on the iPad screen in my office - not the Arkon!
- holds the iPad or other tablets in portrait or landscape
- well built - the rubberized coatings on the bottom, the back, and the notches ensures that your prized possession won't fall out or move around
- joints feel well constructed, though I haven't put them through heavy use so far from repeated fold up/down
- lightweight - I still amaze at the sturdiness given the weight of this thing - how'd they do that?
- attractive design - even without the iPad on it, it has that "techie" feel and has driven several people to comment on/ask about it when they spy it on my desk

Cons:
- none so far

Recommendations:
- make one for the iPhone please!
- would be great to have a place to attach a stylus

This is a great product and I would highly recommend this to anyone with a tablet.
11 comment| 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 February 2013
I bought this to use it with an ipad mini based on the description that said various 7 inch tablets. It is solid and I can see that it would work perfectly well with heavier devices but not with the mini. It is very wobbly when used in portrait mode as the weight of the device isn't enough to stabilize the stand. In landscape mode it is ok because the center of the gravity is lower but you still need to be careful when doing multitasking gestures or want to press the home button.

To summarize, it should be great for heavier and bigger tablets but I wouldn't buy it for an ipad mini.
VINE VOICEon 14 January 2011
Sometimes a solution is so simple it is practically genius. The quality of this is it folds to a small size, just about 7 inches long (18 centimetres)and less than a inch wide and deep. Folded in hand it feels like one of those Japanese fans that you can open out. It slides very easily into any bag. The quality is you ratchet it open in seconds and can place your tablet device (Samsung Galaxy Tab in this case) on the stand. In either portrait or landscape mode with no problems. The angle is fully adjustable, the height causes no hindrance to typing. I keep one in my bag for use on the train and one on each of my home and work desks.

It is made of very durable plastic and the ratchet that holds it in place feels strong. The TAB never feels like it will fall out and there are rubber feet to stop the stand sliding about.

Highly recommended if you don't want to keep your tablet in a wallet style case. I have a gel sleeve which works on the stand well.

Hope this was helpful.
22 comments| 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 October 2011
There are many more expensive 'flash' looking stands on the market. I just wanted a stand that did the job, did not damage my ipad, was sturdy when tapping the screen, that i could take with me on journeys - this ticked all boxes.
Simple. Effective. Stand.
on 26 May 2011
Excellent little device. Light but robust and capable of supporting my Galaxy Tab, Itouch (just) and Kindle. I've no doubt it would work similarly well with the iPad or similar 10inch tablet. Nice design and easy to tuck into a bag. Top marks.
on 21 September 2014
Fairly compact when folded up and holds the iPad steady at different angles. Perhaps not as neat a device as I expected form the photo but it holds the iPad fairly steady in either portarait or landscape oerientation. It's good value for money but I later opted for an aluminium stand which is more compact and seems more secure as well as looking more proefessional than a plastic stand. I think this stand works but there are better altenatives so do a comparison before buying.
on 9 January 2016
3 Yeara Usage Review::

I originally purchased this stand in 2012, and its been used ever since on my bedside table, where I watch videos in bed.

This stand can be used for any tablet device, why-oh-why-do sellers keep focusing on iPads. After all, a tablet is a tablet, that is rectanglular that is either 7" 8" or 10".
I have used the following devices with this stand, including:

10" Motorola Xoom
7" BlackBerry Playbook
7" Samsung Tab 3
7" Kindle Fire (2015)

As well as my smartphone (not a good idea, but it did work)
on 15 April 2012
I bought this for my New iPad and it is really good. It's sturdy, it holds the iPad even with a smart cover attached and folded back and it has multiple angles to set the iPad at for best viewing. Then it folds away to almost nothing to pop back in the briefcase. I'm very impressed with it. I use it for work but it's coming on holiday with us so we can watch films on the flight and its non-slip feet will come into their own on the flight, I'm sure. Overall, a great buy and excellent value for money. I would thoroughly recommend.
on 5 March 2015
At the time of writing this review this will be the second time I've bought one of these.. Why I hear you ask? Well I somehow lost my first one. Not seen it since a New Year Party 2015 where it was used to prop up my iPad and thus allow my many house guest to control the sound system's music video playlist from it.

It really is a simple design and likewise this simplicity is represented in a great price (less than £3.00). When folded in travel mode the legs squeeze together and the back panel then folds flat on top of the legs. Think paper fan and you get the idea. It's not tiny but it's small enough to stick in your gadget bag/luggage/handbag. If you are sat on a train/plane/boat with a table rest then this really deals with the strain of leaning over and holding your iPad for hours on end.

Now in terms of stand position it has so many, the notches for the bottom legs allow it to be spread out completely to fit an iPad in landscape mode or closer for Portrait, although even full spread it will still fit Portrait. From this point the back arm is segmented and can be flattened completely up right and folder in quite low allowing you many different angles to suit your uses. The joints have a satisfying clicking range so although it isn't a perfectly smooth range of movements it allows it to be solid and locked at each angle.

Overall it's simple, robust and cheap. I used mine for months without problem and was happy enough that when I lost my first one I wasn't annoyed at having to spend another few pounds to buy a new one.
on 22 November 2011
what more can I say, this does exactly what it needs to do and is very easy to carry around.

The price is right, the size is right, it doesn't do anything unexpected and it does do everything you want it to.

Wholeheartedly recommended, nothing negative to say whatsoever.