- Also check our best rated Biography reviews
Ariel Sharon: An Intimate Portrait Paperback – 16 Oct 2007
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
'The words you have written over a period of more than fifty years captivatingly recount a personal experience that few others have enjoyed. Better still: they have timelessly captured the crucial moments in the historic process of the rebirth of the Jewish nation in its country.' - Ariel Sharon
'Uri Dan was closer to this great Israeli than any other advisor or unabashed journalistic supporter, and their 50-year collaboration comes through loud and clear in this insider's biography.' - William Safire, Pulitzer prize winning journalist and author
About the Author
URI DAN was a reporter and contributor to the editorial pages at the Jerusalem Post, to the Israeli daily Ma'ariv and to the New York Post. He wrote a number of books including: The Mossad; The Eichmann Syndrome; To The Promised Land; Libel: The Inside Story of General Ariel Sharon's History-Making Suit Against Time Magazine.
Top Customer Reviews
I would recommend reading Warrior first, and only afterwards read the Dan book to fill in some of the gaps, such as the tragic death of his wife and son Gur.
Sharon was one of the great men of Israel, who turned what might have been a 1973 defeat in Sinai into a stunning victory against two arab armies that attacked without warning on the Jews' holiest day of Yom Kippur.
Sharon's determination to re-settle the strategic heights of Judea and Samaria), the Jewish ancestral homelands was no less visionary. Never again will a arab armies be able to attack Israel with impunity from the commanding heights using flat trajectory artillery, as they did in Jerusalem in 1948, the 1950's and 1967.
Ariel Sharon was much maligned for a massacre that he had no involvement in. Sabra and Shatila was perpetrated by phalangist christians in Lebanon avenging a previous dastardly massacre of christians in Damour by palestinians. The arab world, as we see now in Syria is no stranger to massacres perpetrated by one ethnic group on another. And as there is a culture of the blood feud, the bloodletting never ends, even if it gets suspended for a time, until one party feels strong enough to carry out its bloody will.
Sharon's 'crime' was that he did not understand arabs and their history well enough to prevent the vengeful phalangists.
And now muslims of ISIS and Al Nusra and others, in Syria and Iraq are driving the christians out and massacring them.
They would do that to Israel if it were not for people like Sharon, Jews, Christians and yes muslims who themselves took up the challenge to defend Israel's borders from those who worship violence.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
Ariel Sharon: An Intimate Portrait is the story of one true and tried warrior, who has participated in the development of modern Israel almost from the beginning, through the many crucial confrontations, a warrior account of what is all about. I found this book interesting, to say the least. It is so clearly written, that is a delight to read, really. Plus the fact that I have always admired their spirit of perseverance, and overall capacity to stick to their guns, sort of speak, this book will certainly please those who would like to know more about the inner world of this great nation. 4.5 Stars.
The book was written recently and is fairly current. I found the book to be an easy read and recommend it for those that want to learn about Ariel Sharon.
He also WON the [blood] libel case against the distorted, but influential...TIME magazine. But the slander and hatredagainst him was institutionalized by the well-oiled Arab/Saudia/Russia propaganda machine.
Rest in Peace, dear patriot and statesman, and warrior.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > 1901 Onwards
- Books > Biography > Historical > Countries & Regions > Middle East
- Books > Biography > Historical > United States
- Books > Biography > Political > Countries & Regions
- Books > Biography > Political > Political Leaders & Leadership
- Books > Biography > War & Espionage > Terrorism & Freedom Fighters
- Books > History > Asia
- Books > History > Middle East > Israel & Palestine > Israel
- Books > History > Middle East > Israel & Palestine > Palestine
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Civil Liberties & Political Activism > Political Violence
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Countries & Regions > Middle East
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > International Relations > Diplomacy
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Political Science & Ideology > Political Science > History
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Communication Studies > Media & Communication Industries > Press & Journalism