Arguing for Atheism: An Introduction to the Philosophy of Religion Paperback – 9 May 1996
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
..". clear, honest and fairminded; it makes a good introduction, not just to the question of God, but to metaphysics in general."
-"Donald Cupitt, Emmanuel College, Cambridge
..."Arguing for Atheism is the best recent introduction to the philosophy of religion. Le Poidevin writes in a clear and engaging manner withou
About the Author
Robin Le Poidevin is Professor of Metaphysics at the University of Leeds. He is the author of Questions of Time and Tense and coauthor of The Philosophy of Time.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Just for the record im not a theist, so id be writing exactly the same if this book was a heavily slanted argument in favour of God. The point is however, a religious philosophy course should always aim to give the student a fair and balanced *overview* of both the theistic and atheistic positions. Such a course should not be used as a opportunity for lecturer to disseminate his or her personal views on the subject to the point of almost completely drowning out all other voices.
As i said - as a book in its own right this is perfectly acceptable stuff. But not for an introductory module.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Religious History > Other Religions
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Other Religions > Agnosticism & Atheism
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies > History
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies > Philosophy
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Academic Philosophy
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Philosophy > Introduction to Philosophy