- Wine vintage is subject to change, though Amazon.co.uk endeavours to keep its vintage information as up to date as possible.
- Tell Us What You Think About This Wine Tried this wine and want to share your opinions on it? Why not post a review below to help other customers make an informed buying choice. Find out more about posting a customer review.
- Visit the Wine Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have purchased and rated our most popular wines.
Argentinean Red Wine - The Waxed Bat Cabernet Shiraz Malbec - 6 bottles
|Price:||£53.94 (£8.99 / Item)|
- Unique, rich blend of dark and delicious grapes from the hands of Argentina's brilliant Opi Sadler
- Medal-winning big red made from spicy Shiraz, cassis laden Cabernet and dense Malbec in top quality region Mendoza
- Case content: 6 x 75cl
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Unless expressly indicated in the product description, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on our website. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, manufacturers may alter their product information. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than shown on our website. You should always read the labels, warnings and instructions provided with the product before using or consuming it and not solely rely on the information presented on our website. If you have any specific product queries, please contact the manufacturer. This notice does not affect your legal rights.
Sun, crystal clear air, cool, elevated vineyards and great winemaking skills give Argentina all the ingredients for world class wines. Journalist Joanna Simon says "As a wine country, Argentina has everything going for it" (The Sunday Times). The Waxed Bat is a masterpiece from our good friend Opi Sadler, winner of two international trophies to date. The wine's name was inspired by memories of his grandfather's cellar - wine bottles sealed with heavy red wax and an occasional bat fluttering in the lamp light. Spicy Shiraz, cassis laden Cabernet and dense Malbec create power and complexity. Smooth enough to drink on its own and terrific with spare ribs or tender prime steaks. Decant an hour in advance.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
I've had quite a few bottles of The Waxed Bat since it appeared in Laithwaites' list a few years ago, and I've always thoroughly enjoyed it. Warmly recommended if you like a dark, full-bodied red.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Not great at all, perhaps the 2015 is just too young at the moment. Can't say I'd buy morePublished 11 days ago by email@example.com
rapid delivery, good value, a good wine which i always repeat order.Published 3 months ago by Mr M D Seller
Fantastic wine, has become one of my favourites. good value for moneyPublished 18 months ago by JennyJay
Had this delivered to friend in Scotland for Xmas as I am in the midlands. Great for a red wine loverPublished 18 months ago by Angelina H