Customer reviews

on 5 May 2017
Good condition, very informative.
on 31 March 2012
The book came on time in perfect condition. I feel Ms Franklin held back a little too much with her life story. As the daughter of a preacher she claims her father had no problem with her having her first child at the age of thirteen. There is no way I believe this, I do not doubt that he still loved his daughter, however I feel she should have put fourth the reality of what it was really like and the true reaction of her father. I buy biographies, because I like reading about people's life stories, but Ms. Franklin did not tell me her life story. I could have found most of this information on Wikipedia. Maybe, she will one day write another one and let us know how things really went down.
on 10 February 2014
The book is very interesting- read also Gladys Knight's and you can see the 2 ladies had some minor disagreement but each book is very good, especially if you're a fan of their music.

Both are original, influential and momentous singers who helped set the tone for today's young musicians to try to emulate,

One point- I didn't realize the book was 2nd had when we ordered; I thought it was new copy. No matter, it's in excellent condition and I have a free 'gospel-style' bookmark included!
on 21 June 2014
SO AUTOBIOGRAPHYS ARE VERY DISSAPOINTING BUT THIS IS A CLASSIC, AND IF YOU ARE INTO SOUL MUSIC THIS BOOK IS FOR YOU. EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE QUEEN OF SOUL.ONLY THING I FOUND WRONG WITH IT, THERE WASN'T ENOUGH INFORMATION ABOUT THE LATE GREAT KING CURTIS WHO WAS HER BAND LEADER AND ALSO PLAYED SOME AMAZING SAXOPHONE SOLOS ON LOTS OF HER RECORDS.
on 3 March 2000
From the start to the end 'Reet' comes across as a beautiful person, fully respectful of her family and all who came into contact with her.
on 26 November 2013
great book to read about the queen of soul also some good photos never seen before
tells a good story upsets ans pleasures of the great aretha
on 9 April 2006
This book really gave me good insight to what her life was like, she went through some hardships racsism etc.. and becoming a mum at 15 hard work. this book helped and got me a distinction in uni.
on 5 September 2014