Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Learn more Fitbit

Are the features generally on the Blu-Ray or on the DVD ?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 24 Aug 2011, 17:55:57 BST
Hello,
Well, the question is in the title. I only own a DVD player but would like to get all the special features. So, in these "Blu-Ray + DVD + Digital Copy" packs (my question in the same about the Thor movie, for instance), are the bonus only on the Blu-Ray or also on the DVD ?
Thanks in advance !

Posted on 24 Aug 2011, 23:42:57 BST
R. Garside says:
I have noticed that studios tend to focus on putting the special features on the blu-ray disc since that has more space. There are usually very few features on the DVDs, which is why we see a lot of 2-disc DVD special editions with all the features on a second DVD. It might be that the DVD has some extras, but probably not.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Aug 2011, 08:14:35 BST
J. Martin says:
It's not just down to more same, because certain extras aren't made capable on DVD due to the formats limitations. These are usually interactive features, such as Picture-in-Picture, which uses different technologies tghat are only available on Blu-ray.

Although some studios, mostly Disney, don't put all the extras on DVD because they want people to buy Blu-ray instead, not because DVD isn't capable of holding thoses extras that are on the Blu-ray.

Posted on 11 Sep 2011, 07:47:54 BST
Last edited by the author on 11 Sep 2011, 07:48:57 BST
Features when there are any are usually on the blu ray but they are becoming very minimal on there.The new pirates film has hardly got any.No doubt a more extensive version to be released later.
This is what really annoys me.When it was just dvd films like the first 2 Transformers,Die hard 4,Van helsing and I Robot came out as both 1 discs or 2 disc special editions so we had a choice of buying only the film or the more extensive version.Blu ray supposed to have more space and when they started plugging blu ray on normal dvd's it was rammed down our throats "better picture,better sound, more features, interactive games"

Posted on 28 Oct 2011, 20:47:38 BST
I'm also interested in knowing if the DVD in this has all of the bonus features specified here. Otherwise I'm not investing in it... I don't own a Blu Ray player.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jun 2012, 08:25:31 BST
Last edited by the author on 3 Jun 2012, 08:26:02 BST
I'm actually gong to answer your question ! But admittedly somewhat belatedly as I've only just bought this.

The DVD only has the Deleted Scenes as extras (presumably as space is limited since it also includes the Digital Copy).

So, it's missing the very length documentary, the mutant tracker and the isolated score extras.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  24 Aug 2011
Latest post:  3 Jun 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about