- Visit the Whisky Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have purchased and rated our most popular whiskies.
Ardbeg 10 Year Old Malt Whisky 70 cl
|Price:||£36.00 (£51.43 / l) & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
|You Save:||£4.79 (12%)|
- Matured in a balance of 1st Fill (vanilla sweetness) and 2nd Fill (spiciness) ex-Bourbon American Oak casks
- Bottled at 46% ABV for maximum texture and 'mouth-feel'
- A burst of intense smoky fruit escapes into the atmosphere-peat infused with zesty lemon and lime, wrapped in waxy dark chocolate
- The finish goes on and on-long and smoky with tarry espresso, aniseed, toasted almonds and traces of soft barley and fresh pear
- It was awarded 85 points by Michael Jackson's Book
- 2015 Silver Outstanding Medal Winner - International Wine & Spirits Competition
- IWSC Awards Tasting Note: Attractive floral meadow flower notes open procedings with lemon meringue pie and dry spices all ensuring that the character continues right through to the rich finish.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Unless expressly indicated in the product description, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on our website. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, manufacturers may alter their product information. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than shown on our website. You should always read the labels, warnings and instructions provided with the product before using or consuming it and not solely rely on the information presented on our website. If you have any specific product queries, please contact the manufacturer. This notice does not affect your legal rights.
Ardbeg is described as 'unquestionably the greatest distillery on earth'. It was established in 1815 by the MacDougalls. Ardbeg is located on the stormy and rugged south coast of the island of Islay, off the West Coast of Scotland. This irrepressible, complex spirit is the peatiest and smokiest of all the Islay Malts and yet is perfectly balanced by an intriguing sweetness. Its limited availablity and reputation amongst connoisseurs make Ardbeg a much sought after luxury by those 'in the know'.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
If you've never had a peaty whisky before - start with this one. You won't be disappointed.
Ardbeg is a true legend in the world of whisky - intensely smoky and peaty, it's the exemplar of Islay malt. Not to be taken lightly, as it packs a powerful burst of long-lasting flavour, this whisky is infinitely satisfying and very special.
I buy it, believing that I'll make it last, but can never resist the temptation of "just another wee dram". Pure, distilled pleasure.
I have words from him on this Whisky here:
"Ardbeg is not like the other Islay whiskys, it is light and full of flavour. It is smooth to drink and a delight in the tastebuds. For those people who are used to an Islay whisky or would like to try and Islay whisky, this is the ideal one, and it is worth the extra money. If you want to taste one of the best, taste this one."
There you have it folks. And he was a very happy man on his birthday might I add! Ardbeg is his all time time favourite.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great example of what Islay does best. Constantly good and a very satisfying whiskey.Published 3 days ago by D Smith
I have been a malt whiskey drinker for more decades than I care to mention and in my time have sampled most but for me this tipple is akin to drinking neat TCP with a splash of... Read morePublished 2 months ago by 334
I love this stuff. It's a bit shame they tend to be overpriced ever since been taken over by a hideous french luxury goods conglomerate.Published 3 months ago by James Pond