Archos AV480 80GB MP3/MP4 Player/Recorder with Video Recorder Cradle
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- AAC Playback: No
- AVI Playback: Yes
- Audio Line-In Interface: Yes
- Bluetooth: No
- Built-In Microphone: Yes
- Built-In Radio: No
- Compact Flash Card: Yes
- Depth in mm: 26
- Digital Audio Broadcast (DAB): No
- Direct Radio Recording: No
- DivX Playback: Yes
- Height (mm): 78
- Integrated TV Tuner: No
- MP3 Playback: Yes
- MPEG4 Playback: Yes
- Memory Stick: No
- Multimedia Card: No
- OGG Playback: No
- Photo Viewer: Yes
- Screen Size in Inch: 3.8
- Screen Size in Inches: 3.8
- Secure Digital Card: No
- Smart Media Card: No
- Storage Capacity in MB: 81920
- Storage Medium: Hard Disc Drive
- WAV Playback: Yes
- WMA Playback: Yes
- WMV Playback: No
- Weight in Grams: 320
- Width (mm): 125
- xD-Picture Card: No
Customers Also Shopped For
The ARCHOS Pocket Video Recorder AV400 Series is the ultimate handheld digital video recorder that offers TV recording and a portable home entertainment centre in one pocket-sized device.
The AV400 experience starts in the living room where you can record TV shows and movies directly from a TV, VCR, or cable / satellite receiver with a convenient one-time set-up TV Cradle.
But entertainment enjoyment goes far beyond the living room. When on the go, you can watch videos and view photos on the large colour LCD screen, listen to and record music, transfer photos from your digital camera and data files from your PC.
Record up to 80 hours* of TV programs and video content from a TV, VCR or cable / satellite receiver using the TV cradle.
Program recordings using the Recording Scheduler, which directly controls the VCR or set-top box tuner .
- Store and watch up to 40 * full-length movies
- Enjoy up to 3 ½ hours of video playback on the colour LCD while on the go
- Download / transfer / record up to 300* hours of music
- Store and view up to 200,000* JPEG photos
- Play MP3, WMA (including protected files) and WAV music files
- Listen to and record off the radio (with optional FM Radio & Remote Control)
- Download and store files from a PC
Top Customer Reviews
However, once you've owned one for about a week, you suddenly find that it's not quite as slick as you were hoping. If you want to know the cons before you spend your £500 (or whatever), then read on...
* It does not record anamorphic widescreen TV programs. Well, it sort of does but, when you play back your recorded programs on the Archos, the picture will be squashed horizontally and look pretty rubbish as a result. There is no way to convert or display this file in the correct aspect ratio. If you have a widescreen TV and a Freeview or Sky Digital box, you need to bear this in mind.
* It has a 4:3 screen whereas the vast majority of Hollywood films are in 2.35:1. This means that most of your DVD films will only occupy around 1/3 of the screen and you will have huge black bars above and below the picture. This will not impress your friends, so have some 4:3 video on standby.
* The slideshow mode is extremely slow. Each picture draws slowly from top to bottom on the screen and it takes approximately 2 seconds for the full image to be displayed. This happens regardless of whether you are displaying on the LCD screen or showing your pictures to the family on your television.
* The picture quality for digital photos, even when viewing through the television, is rubbish. In fact, I would forget about storing any digital photos on this device completely.
* You can create and delete directories but you can't copy or move any files into them. D'oh!Read more ›
Pro's... This does almost everything and 80gb is ample memory, easy to use, looks smart, better than Ipod.
Con's... Expensive, newer version out already "however only 30gb"
I would say this is worth every penny because it is the only device that can do all this. The only problem I have is with Archos as they never seem to reply to email's that you send them. So if you need advice you are better off phoning them.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I've had my AV480 since it was first released, about 18 months, I'm a techno geek and love gadgets especially media related ones and the ipod didnt offer me what I wanted,... Read morePublished on 26 Jan. 2007 by Therese L. Ellis
I have an earlier archos, the 340, and so was looking forward to getting to grips with the new generation - but don't be fooled. Read morePublished on 17 May 2005
I HAD ONE OF THESE WHEN THEY WERE FIRST RELEASED AND I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE HARD WORK TRANSFERRING ALL MY MUSIC AND VIDEOS ON TO IT, BUT IT WAS ONE OF THE EASIEST AND SIMPLIEST... Read morePublished on 12 May 2005
This is a great product, i had the av 300 before it and hte improvement is immense. I also have a portable dvd palyer but this is far better, no need to carry loads of dvds or cds... Read morePublished on 10 Nov. 2004