- Product Dimensions: 2 x 14.3 x 7.9 cm ; 286 g
- Boxed-product Weight: 621 g
- Batteries 1 Lithium Metal batteries required.
- Item model number: 5 IT 160gb
- ASIN: B002Q4TIBK
- Date first available at Amazon.co.uk: 23 Sept. 2009
- Average Customer Review: 18 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 252,943 in Electronics & Photo (See Top 100 in Electronics & Photo)
Archos 5 160GB Internet Tablet Android
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Applications: Customize your device by downloading your favorite Android applications HD Multimedia: Play HD Videos and view photos on the sharp 4.8 high resolution touch screen
- Internet: Surf the web in full width just like on your PC, and stay in contact by using the integrated email and contacts applications GPS: Whether you are walking or driving, the built-in GPS with cities in 3D will get you to your destination
- TV: Record your favorite programs and play out your HD videos on a large screen TV with the HDMI connection Expandable Storage on 32GB with the Micro SD card slot (SDHC compatible)
- WiFi (802.11 b/g/n) and Bluetooth connectivity Archos and Android OS
Customers also shopped for
Rechargeable Battery:Rechargeable, Technology:Lithium polymer, Battery Enclosure Type:Internal, Battery Life Details:Audio playback - up to 22 hour(s) Video playback - up to 7 hour(s), Connections:Headphones - mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm USB Docking station, Microphone:Built-in microphone, Audio Output:Built-in speaker, Supported Audio Formats:WAV, WMA, AAC, PCM, Ogg Vorbis, MP3, ADPCM, FLAC, protected WMA (DRM), AAC +, Display Form Factor:Built-in, Display Features:Touch screen, Display Type:TFT 4.8" - colour, Display Format:800 x 400, TV Output Resolution:720p, Localisation:European Union, Width:14.3 cm, Weight:286 g, Key Features:Digital audio player, digital photo viewer, external HDD function, digital video player, FM tuner, GPS receiver, FM transmitter, WEB browsing, Device Type:Digital AV player, PC Interfaces:Hi-Speed USB, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11n, Bluetooth 2.0 EDR, IEEE 802.11g, Features:E-mail client, PDF viewer, Microsoft PowerPoint support, Microsoft Excel support, Microsoft Word support, Google Android platform based, built-in leg stand, Twitter client, IM client, address book, alarm, Height:7.9 cm, Depth:2 cm, HDD Capacity:160 GB, Flash Memory Cards Supported:microSD, microSDHC, HDD Form Factor:Built-in, Firmware Upgradable:Built-in, Included Accessories:Stereo headphones, USB cable, Supported Still Images Formats:BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, Operating System:MS Windows XP, Linux, MS Windows Vista, Video Playback Formats:MPEG-4, Motion JPEG, WMV, H.264, MKV, Video Capture Supported:Yes, via DVR station, Features:SubtitlesDimensions of this product are: 143,2x78,8x20 mm - 286g
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
However, the real charm of this product comes from the android community. You will have to download a special patch in order to get Google Maps and Android Marketplace but once you do, you have access to a full range of android apps. Some of these won't work due to the archos' lack of compass and camera but many will still be fully functional. For example, I am currently running the psx4droid playstation emulator on my archos, using a Wii wireless classic controller to control it. It really is magnificent and a true test of this hardwares capabilities.
I bought the 160gb version just for the following reasons:-
1. music player
2. video player
3. ebook reader
And it was the same price as the iPod classic, and for me the music/video capabilities of the iPod have never been of the best quality.
A couple of months in, and I am more than happy with the video and music functions. In fact both are an improvement on my last machine, which was the excellent Archos 504.
The ebook reader is now also fine - i have at last managed to load up the official Kindle app and it works like a dream. The only problem was that this Android machine wasn't pre-loaded with Android Market (which is a bit daft really given that Archos push the whole Android thing as a selling point). BUT there is a patch out there called Archos4Market which will get the Android Marketplace up and running in no time (there is a useful "how to" on YouTube which makes installation of Archos4Market a doddle).
So overall I am really happy because the machine is now doing everything I wanted it for, and doing it rather well !
Hence I'm giving this machine a score of 4 stars out of 5......even after taking into account the hassle upgrading the machine out-of-the box, the apalling Archos customer service, the wiggy Wi-fi, and the total rip-off prices for any add-ons such as the minidock.
I bought it mainly to listen to music (flac mainly), watch movies, and to surf the net. It does all of these well with my only criticism being that the music quality could be better - a bit muffled even after tweaking the settings.
Connects easily with WiFi at home, office and various pubs, and surprisingly tethers via Bluethooth with my cheap Samsung mobilephone.
The size is perfect - fits easily into pockets and the screen size is great for surfing and watching movies.
Lots of apps available but few add much to the 'out of the box' Archos.
Shame can't upgrade (officially) to newer Android releases but if it aint broke....
I have had the Archos 5 IT for a month now and it has been a fantastic purchase, exceeding my expectations. I understand that earlier firmware made the platform unstable, but the July 2010 update I have been using seems very good, just the occasional crash (similar frequency to what I experienced with the Creative Zen). I have also been able to use the Android Marketplace the provides additional apps to that provided on the official Archos apps store (see wiki for details of how to do this).
Below are a list of the positives:
1. Excellent screen
2. Great music, video and photo players, most major formats supported
3. Browsing the internet over WiFi works amazingly well, very speedy
4. Downloading Android apps
Cons (nothing major):
1. Awaiting an app that will play Divx on the Archos 5 IT
2. Screen is not as sensitive as iPod Touch (but good enough generally)
Overall, wouldn't be without it.....
Most recent customer reviews
were not resolved fully having sent it back...Archos 5 Internet Tablet with 500 GB Hard DriveRead more