- Hardcover: 160 pages
- Publisher: Rizzoli International Publications; 01 edition (Dec. 1997)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0847820734
- ISBN-13: 978-0847820733
- Product Dimensions: 25.1 x 2 x 29.5 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
937,094 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #1100 in Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Types of Architecture > Public Buildings
- #1105 in Books > Home & Garden > Interior Design & Decoration > Professional Interior Design
- #1194 in Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Techniques & Tools > Structure & Design
- See Complete Table of Contents
Architectural Glass Art: Form and Technique in Contemporary Glass Hardcover – 1 Dec 1997
|New from||Used from|
|Hardcover, 1 Dec 1997||
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The author provides a clear introductory description of the processes of glass-making, and an explanation of the differences between kiln-formed and float glass. A chapter is devoted to each of the artists, and he describes different treatments used to decorate glass, such as acid-etching, bevelling and brilliant-cutting, sandwich technique (holding pieces of antique glass between layers of plain float glass), dalle de verre (chunks of glass embedded in concrete or epoxy), and slumping.
Moor, a lecturer and a glass art consultant with a London practice, states that his book is aimed at glass designers, who are rarely given the opportunity to view other artists' work.Read more ›
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Techniques & Tools > Structure & Design
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Types of Architecture > Public Buildings
- Books > Home & Garden > DIY & Home Improvements
- Books > Home & Garden > Interior Design & Decoration > Professional Interior Design