Archaeologies of the Contemporary Past Paperback – 25 Jan 2001
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"The authors...have contributed a set of case studies that are well written, persuasive, and provocative, including the editors' unusually skillful and sometimes brilliant connecting pieces between very clear subdivisions of the book."-Journal of Anthropological Research
About the Author
Margaret Cox is Professor of Archaeology at the University of Southampton and Chief Executive of the Inforce Foundation. Her forensic work has taken her to France, Belgium, Kosovo, Rwanda, Iraq and Cyprus and she regularly undertakes domestic casework in the United Kingdom. She is the author of several books, including Forensic Archaeology: Advances in Theory and Practice (co-authored with John Hunter) and Health and Disease in Britain: Prehistory to the Present (co-authored with Charlotte Roberts).
Victor Buchli is Reader in Material Culture at the Department of Anthropology, University College London, UK, and Editor of "Home Cultures".
Gavin Lucas is Associate Professor in the Department of Archaeology at the University of Iceland. He is the author of three books, Critical Approaches to Fieldwork, An Archaeology of Colonial Identity and The Archaeology of Time. He is also the editor of several volumes, including Hofstaoir: Excavations of a Viking Age Feasting Hall, Archaeologies of the Contemporary Past (with V. Buchli) and Interpreting Archeology (with Alexandra Alexandri et al.). --This text refers to the Hardcover edition.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Archaeology > Methodology & Techniques
- Books > History > Cultural History
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Academic Philosophy
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Academic Sociology
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Philosophy
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Methodology
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Social & Cultural
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology