The Arabs and Muslims in the Media: Race and Representation after 9/11 (Critical Cultural Communication) Hardcover – 20 Aug 2012
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"This important book makes a significant contribution to the burgeoning scholarship on the post-9/11 cultural and political history of the United States. Drawing on a rich understanding of the representations of Arabs and Muslims in the last century, Alsultany helps us to understand what has changed, and what has not, in the last ten years." --Melani McAlister, George Washington University
"A major, skillfully constructed, must-read book. It should be required reading for all Americans who care about and seek to eradicate injurious stereotypes of the evil Cultural Other." --Jack G. Shaheen, author of Reel Bad Arabs: How Hollywood Vilifies a People
About the Author
Evelyn Alsultany is Associate Professor in the Program in American Culture at the University of Michigan. She is co-editor of Arab and Arab American Feminisms and of Between the Middle East and the Americas. She is also guest curator of Reclaiming Identity: Dismantling Arab Stereotypes.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Pathological Psychology
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > History & Criticism
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Islam > History
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Communication Studies > Media & Communication Industries > Television
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Communication Studies > Media Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Discrimination & Racism
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Multicultural Studies > Islamic Studies