Aquinas (Continuum Compact Series) Paperback – 1 Jan 2004
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Brian Davies is Professor of Philosophy at Fordham University, New York, USA. His publications include An Introduction to the Philosophy of Religion (Oxford University Press, 3rd edition, 2003) and The Thought of Thomas Aquinas (Oxford University Press, 1992). '
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
'Aquinas' also benefits from Davies' incredibly lucid prose. Complex problems are presented as simply as possible, in an inviting, almost casual tone that brings to mind the intimate feel of a seminar, rather than a boring, impersonal lecture hall. The author's presentation of the subject matter should reassure and encourage those who might otherwise be intimidated by the writings of Aquinas and his explicators.
All-in-all, a compact, well-written, and thorough introduction to Aquinas.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Medical, Legal & Social Sciences > Philosophy
- Books > Biography > Religious
- Books > History > Religious History > Christianity
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Catholic
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Theology > Philosophy
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Academic Philosophy
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Philosophy > Philosophers