Aqua Quest Storm Laptop Case - 100% Waterproof - 11 inch, 13 inch, 15 inch, 17 inch - Black or Red (11 inch, Black)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 100% WATERPROOF - Life is wet, laptops are expensive, and the Aqua Quest Storm is the solution. Protect your investment and have confidence in almost any situation. No amount of rain or spilled coffee can penetrate this case.
- LIGHTWEIGHT + DURABLE - At only 146g , the Storm is extremely lightweight, yet still very durable and long lasting. No matter what the rigors of your daily life, expect this case to handle it all and then some. 420D RipStop + TPU lamination + Double ziplock seal + Welded seams + Removable padded sleeve = Your computer is safe and cozy!
- FAST + EASY - Even when fully sealed, you can still access your laptop in only two seconds. For the 99% of the time when there is no risk of your laptop being submerged in water, you can forget about the double ziplock seal, and simply close it with the Velcro flap for even quicker access - you'll still enjoy protection from rain, spills, scratches, scuffs, or light impact.
- VERSATILE - Fits virtually all models of 11 inch laptop and tablets, including: MacBook Air, Microsoft Surface Pro, Acer Chromebook and Cloudbook, HP Stream, Toshiba Satellite Radius, Samsung Chromebook 3, Lenovo IdeaPad, N22 and Chromebook, Asus E200HA, Dell Inspiron, Latitude 11 and Chromebook 11, and every other model Aqua Quest tested. Also use it to protect other items such as your tablet, phone, paper documents, books, etc. INSIDE DIMENSIONS (closed & sealed): 29.7x26.5x3.7 cm
- 2-YEAR WARRANTY: All Aqua Quest products are protected by AQ's Two-Year 'No Worries Warranty'.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Compare with similar items
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Size Name: 11 inch | Colour Name: Black
About the Storm Laptop Case
Aqua Quest makes waterproof accessories to enhance your everyday journeys. Our goal is to maximize your comfort and confidence when carrying important items through outdoor environments. Enjoy the full scope of nature knowing you don’t have to risk or leave behind your favorite technologies. Bring them, and enjoy the best of both worlds!
The Storm Laptop Case is the perfect tech accessory for student or commuter, providing 100% waterproof protection via dual-coated 420D Nylon RipStop, welded seams and easy-to-use double ziplock seals. Available in 11, 13, 15 and 17-inch dimensions, there is a Storm model that fits almost every laptop on the market. In addition to dependable waterproofing, the Storm also includes a padded inner sleeve to protect your computer from bumps and dings.
SPECS & FEATURES
- 20,000 mm hydrostatic resistance
- Constructed of durable 420D Nylon RipStop for long life
- Dual TPU and DWR waterproof coatings; double ziplock waterproof seals
- Available in four sizes: 11”, 13”, 15” & 17”
- Available in two colors: red and black
About Aqua Quest
At Aqua Quest, we are passionate about designing and manufacturing the best waterproof gear – so you can get outside, reconnect with nature, and #LiveYourQuest.
Life is wet, our business is waterproof, and our quest is to keep you and your gear dry. Back in 1994, our founder was faced with a dilemma: either get wet, or get waterproof. Vexed by the lack of products available, he developed his own line of waterproof gear, and the Aqua Quest legend was born. More than two decades later, AQ continues to lead the industry with a global reputation for quality and durability.
Our primary waterproofing method starts with a lightweight and durable RipStop fabric, to which we apply a dual coating of TPU (Thermoplastic PolyUrethane) and either DWR (Durable Water Repellent) or Silicone impregnation. This combination produces a lightweight material strong enough to hold a 66 ft vertical column of water before leaking. All of our products undergo rigorous testing to ensure you receive the most dependable and durable waterproof product available.
From outdoor adventures to wet urban centers, your quest isn't going to slow down for a bit of water. Our wide range of innovative waterproof products includes backpacks, duffels, tarps, electronics protection, travel accessories, dry bags, camping gear, and more.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
- waterproof ( for no more than brief immersion )
- big enough for a 15" laptop
Here's the evaluation on those points.
- tough: YES
The outer liner is durable. It's not going to snag and fray if it comes into contact with Velcro. I'd need something sharp to cut it.
The waterproof liner is thicker than the garbage bags that previously protected my laptop.
- waterproof: NO
The plastic liner is waterproof. So are the welded seams. The double zip-lock closure is NOT waterproof, even for immersion times as short as 5 seconds. Water leaks in where the zip-lock closures meet the sides of the bag. That said, I need this to protect my laptop in case rain soaks through my courier bag during my 20' bike commute. I expect this case to meet that requirement. However, if I were riding longer, or there was any chance that my laptop would actually be submerged, this case would not be sufficient.
- holds a 15" laptop
It holds my 15" MBP Retina with ease. In fact, it's a little too large to fit into my courier bag. It could have been smaller and still held my laptop, but if I had a 1.5" thick monstrosity, it would still fit into this case.
You have to seal the zip-lock closures by feel, since you can't see them through the black outer layer. That means you have to take your time to make sure that they are both really all the way closed.
Upon reaching our destination I pulled out my laptop to find not only was it dry, but it also still worked. And 2 months later I am typing this message from the very same laptop that this case saved.
This thing worked a miracle. 1 more and it is on to Sainthood.
The result of this is unlike other sleeves that are designed to be placed in another bag, this is actually a bag+sleeve combo that is designed to be carried by itself (although you can definitely place it inside something else, it can be awkward.)
Lastly, while most most sleeves are signed to be carried on/by their sides, this one is designed to be toted upright. As is the trend, this isn't a fashionable choice, but is more effective for moisture protection because it minimizes the size of the sleeve opening through which moisture can enter.
That said, I bought this thing for a VERY accident-prone person, and so far it's done its job. It's not a fashion statement, but it does what it says it does, which gets it 5 stars from me.
It is unfortunate that this manufacture is very vague on what will and will not fit in this bag. Here is what you need to know:
I have a $2800 15in macbook pro retina display. I am a university student in the western side of Washington state and I walk to school here. It rains a lot in this area and my mac gets wet sometimes. That is a crime against apple. This keeps my laptop dry. It has a two zip-locks on it and the velcro flap. There are removable cushion pads in there. Those are nice. I can fit my laptop, those pads, and my iPad (which has a thick case of its own) in there no problem. I can fit all this in my backpack if I bend the corners of the case in a little.
This product CAN NOT fit 17 inch laptops This inside measurement is 15.5 inches up to the air lock seal. Do not buy if you want to fit anything longer than a 15 inch laptop.
Roomy, quality material, easy to trust seals, happy consumer.
I recommend this product.
Please click "Yes" below if you found this review helpful!