TOP 500 REVIEWERon 11 May 2017
I have the an Aqua Optima and needed some new cartridges. Last time it was cheaper to buy a new unit with a years supply of filters, now it is cheaper to buy just the filters.

I like these as they last 60 days, in fact they last longer than that. There is an app that you can use to inform you when to change filters, but I normally go past that by a month before the water starts tasting different, then I replace it.

Overall, for the price of just over £15 (May 2017) for 6 filters, this represents a good value.

I can taste the difference with my tap water and filtered water and find the Optima is the most cost effective and best way to filter tap water over the other well known branded water filter.
5 people found this helpful
on 1 December 2017
I love this water filter, I use the water in my kettle, for cooking vegetables and give it to my cats also. I keep it in my fridge so I always have chilled water to drink also. My only regret is not buying the version with a longer length of time filter as this is just 30 day filters, but to be honest the filters in multiple packs are much cheaper than named filters and they do an excellent job, my water used to smell and taste like bleach, but now it is lovely.
3 people found this helpful
on 11 November 2017
I have used water filters for many years now as I don't like just tap water in my area Great yarmouth Norfolk. When filtered it tastes better especially when making tea, it's clear & not cloudy without filtering. These filters are great as they last longer than others, you can start to tell difference when filter gets old. These fit well and cost wise is cheaper than another leading brand. So give them a try you won't be disappointed. I am very happy with them.
2 people found this helpful
on 24 July 2017
I was really pleased with my Aqua Optima as it did a great job at a fraction of the price of other filter jugs, so when my first filter ran out I rushed to buy more! Unfortunately, despite following the instructions every time I replaced one, about half of these filters failed on me. One blocked right after I first opened and prepared it, so the water was simply stuck in the top compartment of the jug and never filtered, and the other two ended up the same way after working a few days each.
2 people found this helpful
on 1 December 2017
When a Brita Maxtra jug filter broke after many years use, I noticed that Aqua Optima jugs were very cheap at a supermarket and got one.

As it happened, we had some of their oval dual Brita/Aqua Optima filters around and used one of those first. Fitting it made me worry about breaking the clips on the holder because quite a bit of force was needed. The water also filtered slowly.

When that one was getting close to the end of its 30 day life, I ordered this pack of 60 day 'round' ones.

Fitting is much easier and they filter the water quicker too. Combined with the extra life, it'll be an easy decision to make in about a year's time.
on 21 July 2017
Already 2 of them were faulty as they refuse to filter any water and the third one is just dripping through slowly. Had many of these before and never had any problems. This must have been a bad batch but I'm paying for it since the return window is closed. Not happy at all.
3 people found this helpful
on 21 May 2014
I decided to switch from Brita to Aqua Optima four years ago to save money. I was originally concerned about the lack of recycling facilities, but when I emailed Aqua Optima they sent me a very helpful email explaining how the recycling process is actually very energy inefficient and produces more carbon then it saves. With that in mind, and the fact that it's possible to halve your cartridge use by going for the 60-day ones, this is a great alternative. The water comes through much quicker than with Brita cartridges and we've had a great experience overall.

My only complaint is that the performance is variable. You'll notice the water getting harder sooner with some cartridges than others. As long as you follow your instinct rather than just relying on the filter change reminder you'll be OK. If your water is particularly hard I'd recommend putting your jug through the dishwasher with a teaspoonful of citric acid added to the tablet before putting in a new cartridge. I'd also boil the kettle with some citric acid before starting to use it with water from the fresh filter. When it starts to fur up again, think about changing your filter cartridge.

Overall I'd say these represent fantastic value.
on 12 March 2017
Good contraption, well designed. The filters fit nice and easily. I can't really notice much (if any) difference from the taste of that and normal tap water. A bit tricky to tell when the filters need replacing since the time apparently varies greatly between soft and hard water areas, as well as how many liters you use a day.
on 15 April 2017
I live in a hard water area and have been using the aqua optima 60day filters for over 3 years now. I have not had to descale my kettle since using the filters, and I change the filter after 60days, and have never had to change earlier than this. I refill the jug a few times during the day, so the filter gets plenty of use and stands up to the task well, in my opinion.
on 31 October 2015
Purchased these filters for an Aqua Optima filter jug that has been in use for about 18 months. They are excellent...removing the foul taste and oily black particles within tap water that make such a mess of the inside of the kettle. They do the job quickly and efficiently. You only need to put a glass of filtered and unfiltered side by side, try each one (blindfolded if you like) and the taste difference is remarkable. The filtered water loses the chlorinated taint and tastes fresh / clean PLUS you'll save a fortune over buying bottled water and stop filling your bin with empty water bottles!! Highly Recommended.