Approaches to the Evolution of Language: Social and Cognitive Bases Hardcover – 17 Sep 1998
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"The twenty-two contributors span an impressive diversity of fields...The book has many strengths and is a must-read for serious students of the biology evolution of language." Anthropological Linguistics
This book situates language within the framework of modern evolutionary theory. Linguists, anthropologists, and cognitive scientists explore the origins and evolution of human language, emphasizing the social bases on which very complex language structure is founded, and showing how this structure emerges and develops.See all Product Description
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Languages
- Books > Reference > Language
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Anthropology
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Historical & Comparative Linguistics
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Reference
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Sociolinguistics