- Also check our best rated Mp3 Player reviews
Apple iPod touch 8GB (Model A1288 launched Sept 2008)
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
- iPod touch
- USB 2.0 cable
- Dock adapter
- Quick Start guide
Top Customer Reviews
- the wifi connects fast (faster than my laptop does)
- easy access to e-mail, with an option to add more e-mail addresses should one wish
- update your facebook (though I am no longer on facebook)
- internet browsing (safari). Loads pages easily. However, as one reviewer said, there is the issue of flash player/adobe, though it still functions well when those are not required. It's easy to tap in what your after. I've found that I no longer need to open up my laptop nowadays to check e-mails, to use googlemaps, to check the travel situation etc etc. It can be done pretty easily via the itouch (whether you set up the e-mail address or check via the safari)
- music storage is great!
- video, youtube!
- itunes has LOADS of brilliant (and FREE) videos and audios. You can get many catergories, such as politics, religion, sports news, education, catch up from BBC radio etc. I recently listened to a university history lecture on why in 1647, Christmas was not celebrated in England!! There is lots to gain from the itunes!
Hope the review helps.
PS if you go ahead with it, make sure you purchase a screen protector/shield to prevent any damage and preserve it's beauty!
Things might want to know or think about before buying iPod Touch 3rd Gen:
* The iPod's operating system, built in applications (known as 'apps'), links and configurations already whap off a whole 1gb of the space before you've even put your music on (once you have iTunes installed, it will tell you exactly how much space you have on the iPod).
* You MUST have the internet at some point to use iPod touch 3rd Gen. Starting the iPod up for the first time, you will find that it is locked and unconfigured and the only way to configure it and get it running is to install iTunes which you can download for free.
* iTunes is absolutely NON avoidable in using your iPod. You can't just transfer songs to this using windows explorer...you have to synch the thing to your computer in order to get anything on it.
* It WILL accept your CDs and let you transfer them to iTunes (and eventually to the iPod) without you being charged anything; sometimes you will even recieve the free cover art.
* Be wary of speaker/dock products that claim they fit this model; some actually don't at all.Read more ›
Out of the box, the 'touch' needs to be synched with the PC once ITunes is installed on it and you have to create an Apple id etc. Because I was swapping my older version with my new one and had been synched up before, I could run a restore and left it to do it's thing. This worked perfectfully for me, so after an hour or so, my touch was setup exactly the way my old one was, (which incidentally found it's way into the bath last year and never fully recovered, hence the replacement)so that was a bit of a bonus.
A word of warning, keep your ipod touch well away from any liquids, as it is not under warranty for any water damage at all, so a dunking in the bath destroys the battery and it cannot be repaired very easily. I tried and failed to do so.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Love apple products. Look and feel is great and very easy to use.Published 13 months ago by Amazon Customer
excellent product. a bit expensive but it is Apple so you get what you pay for - you can't have a R-R for the price of a miniPublished 14 months ago by Robin
Delighted with this purchase. In excellent condition and delivery extremely speedy. Thank you!Published 16 months ago by Chunkydunk