Other Sellers on Amazon
+ £5.28 UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
Apple iPad Mini 2 with retina display 7.9-Inch(Space Grey) - (ARM 1.3 GHz, 1 GB RAM, 16 GB,Wi-Fi, iOS)
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Beautiful 7.9" Retina Display: The difference has never been clearer. iPad mini with Retina display is amazing to hold. And behold. Every photo is incredibly detailed and vibrant, and every line of text is remarkably crisp and clear. With higher resolution than an HDTV, it's stunning - on a whole new scale. 2048 x 1536 screen resolution.
- A7 Chip: Don't let its size fool you. iPad mini is powered by the new 1.3Ghz A7 chip with 64-bit architecture. A7 delivers killer performance - up to four times faster CPU and up to eight times faster graphics performance than the previous generation - without sacrificing battery life. So you get incredible power in a device you can take with you wherever you go. Up to 10 hour battery life.
- Powerful Apps: It comes ready to work and play. iPad apps are like no other. Because they're designed just for iPad, they look amazing and use every pixel of the beautiful display. iPad mini comes with great built-in apps for the everyday things you do, like checking email and surfing the web. To help you be even more creative and productive, iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, Numbers and Keynote are now available for free. And over 475,000 other incredible iPad apps are just a tap away in the App Store. With apps like these, iPad mini can do just about anything - which means you can too.
- FaceTime HD and iSight Cameras: Built-In 5 MP webcamand a built-in 1.2 MP front facing camera.
- iPad mini and iOS 7: Beautiful Design, Beautifully Integrated. iOS 7 was designed to take advantage of 64-bit architecture. So it's every bit as advanced as the iPad mini it runs on. And with new features like smarter multitasking, Control Centre and AirDrop, iOS 7 makes the experience of using iPad mini even more beautiful and simple. Because iOS 7 and iPad mini weren't just designed to work together, they were designed to enhance one another.
- Advanced Wireless: Do more in more places. iPad mini keeps you connected faster than ever. In more locations than ever. Using two antennas instead of one, alongside MIMO technology, iPad mini delivers twice the Wi‑Fi performance of its predecessor. And the Wi‑Fi + Cellular model supports more bands than ever, so you can make quick, easy connections the world over
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
iPad mini with Retina Display: Small Wonder.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
The latest iPad Mini is just a smaller version of the iPad Air, and as such sports the same processor and options offered on its bigger brother.
Now does the iPad Mini really live up to the marketing hype?
A quick answer is "Yes", thanks to new zippy 64 bit A7 processor, lovely "Retina display" screen and portability!
And what makes this the best tablet to date are the apps, which have been optimized to take full advantage of the powerful 64bit processor. As an example: If you have a 64bit operating system but 32bit software than the performance increase is negligible.
Apps available for the iPad are generally of a very high standard and virtually virus free. There are various reasons for this:
○ iPad is also targeted for professional environments
○ Stable and reliable iOS platform
○ Applications are only available through the App Store, thus guaranteeing income to the developer
○ Other platforms have new tablets springing every other day, sporting different screen sizes and processors
✓ Blazing fast, low consumption A7 (64bit) processor
✓ Premium build quality sporting ever so stylish looks thanks to the precision engineered aluminium housing
✓ Retina display. Great colour saturation producing stunning images
✓ Super lightweight, WiFi version 331grams and WiFi+Cellular version 341grams
✓ Vast choice of apps which can mimic laptop/desktop programs
✓ iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, Numbers and Keynote available for free
✓ Awesome battery life.Read more ›
The iPad mini 2 (Retina display) blew me away in almost every category. It was by far the best purchase I'd ever made.
At first I was quite sceptical about the size of the iPad mini, I thought it would be too small to watch videos and too small for browsing the web. Well, my gosh was I wrong! The tablet is perfectly sized (in my opinion) and is perfect for travelling. The tablet is very light so it's great for reading at night and holding the tablet one-handed. The great thing about the size, is that there are only small bezels around the sides of the iPad, this makes a really immersive experience when watching videos. The iPad is also extremely thin which is also great for travelling and makes the whole iPad feel lighter. Overall, Apple did a superb job in the portability side of things and you won't be disappointed.
When I first saw how thin the iPad mini was, I thought this would be yet another tablet that has had the battery life sacrificed for looks but in actual fact, it both looks good and has great battery life! In my testing I got around 9 hours with heavy use of watching videos, web browsing and listening to music. Please note though, listening to music draines your battery extremely quickly, even more so that watching full HD videos! I'm not sure why this is as watching videos requires powering the pixels of the screen and the speakers, compared to music only requiring speaker use. However it still lasted around 8.5 hours of listening to music so you've got absolutely nothing to worry about.
I, and I'm sure many others, didn't really think anything of the 'retina display' I just thought it would be a good quality 1080p (Full HD) screen.Read more ›
The tablet is great though, I must admit. It cost a little more than a typical Android tablet, but not much. But with it you get an amazing hi-res screen at 2048 x 1536. It's pin-sharp and you can't see any anti-aliasing or pixels at all - plus webpages display fully and readable. The addition of the more 4:3 type display as apposed to the normal Android 16:9 actually makes the tablet feel bigger. The last 7" tablet I had was a Nexus 7, this is the same approximate height, but wider. I've just returned a faulty Lenovo tab 2 10", and the iPad mini 2 doesn't feel much smaller weirdly.
It also feels really snappy, no obvious slowdown. The battery is also really good and lasts a long time and the Camera ain't too bad either in good light.
The only moan I could levy at it was that all new apple gear (phones, tablets, Macbooks etc) should come with free extra software, titles currently are Keynote, Garageband, Pages, Numbers and iMovie. When starting the tablet it offered an update to IOS 9, but didn't offer the said software free as I was informed it might.
In the end I had to go onto apple Support chat to sort it out. They were friendly and eventually (after about an hour back and forth) they gave me redeem codes for the missing software.
They had no idea why I didn't get the software listed as free, but anyway it's sorted.
So if you're looking to make a change, then for the price now is your chance - if you're a Android veteran prepare for a day or so to get used to things. Good buy.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Slower than my original iPad I was a little disappointed as the e mails come in much slower and after my iPhone but cannot see anything to rectify this. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Rosie
An over- complicated mess. Too many I.D. Checks & Passwords constantly being asked- for. Will not send mail using my original gmx ID. but gives me no means of changing it. Read morePublished 4 months ago by BRIAN TINDALL
Sure version 4 is better, though probably not. This is perfect, came in a sealed box, though I suspect it was for the us market as box had an American plug (plus for me as I am in... Read morePublished 4 months ago by David Matthews
I love this device - I already have a regular iPad 3, but wanted something a little more portable. This does a great job. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Mrs W