on 8 January 2018
This is a replacement for my last iPod classic and an excellent one. Took some time selecting it, putting in bids, etc etc but decided to get one from a company which had many positive remarks and ratings from Amazon. Arrived on time; well wrapped, and I am very very pleased with my purchase. Thank you.
on 7 January 2018
Amazing, until it got the dreaded failure, and wouldn’t reboot. Lasted about 2 years all in all, but treated pretty badly.
on 1 January 2018
In perfect condition and excellent quality, was bought as a present.
on 14 September 2017
Completly as described - turned up on time and works perfectly, very pleased.
on 29 November 2017
Product was described as nearly new. Truthfully it was a bit battered and well used. The battery arrived flat and it struggled to take a charge.
on 29 March 2017
Product arrived as described, great communication and arrived within time frame! Would definitely recommend! Thank you
on 13 December 2017
Fantastic quality
on 18 May 2008
My last player was a CD Walkman. As it's now 15 years old, and I'm tired of lugging CD's around, I thought it about time for something new. Should I stick with Sony or stick my neck out and crunch on an Apple? Well I bought both...this iPod and also the Sony NWZ-A828K 8gig. My overwhelming opinion is that, first and foremost, they are both incredible machines. Buy either (similar price at Amazon) and you will be thoroughly delighted. The sound and pictures on both are sublime (Apple earphones very average so I use the excellent Sony with both players). I'm looking forward to many years' audiovisual pleasure with these. If I had to choose? The Apple....first and foremost it has ten times the memory....films,telly and music vids are all simple to rip (from my Sony HDD recorder) and load on the Apple, and with so much memory even films hardly register on the guage! I think a 2hr film goes on at 500mb....amazing picures and sound too! ipod user interface is better too, wheel and menus are intuitive and a pleasure to use. iTunes tries to lock you in a little (only 1 PC allowed) but it's slick and speedy to use and synching is rapid. DRM (protected) iTunes (ie most of them) won't play on anything else so if you want to put them on another machine you'll have to burn and rip them. It will play Mp3 and will convert non-DRM WMA tunes.
on 8 May 2008
I have had mp3 players of course and they were fab, but my last was only 2gb and i ran out of space on it so instead of upgrading to one of the same make but larger memory i thought i'd buy an ipod (against what my parents thought (even though i'm 19 they still try and decide what i buy!)). For the price of the sony one i wanted cos i knew they had excellent sound dynamics, i thought i'd put £10 to it and buy an ipod which had 10x the memory capacity of the sony. Now i have my ipod its great, cos i love watching movies on it and listening to all my favourite tunes, which i now have room for. 80gb, and i have loads of tracks and movies on it already and it's Nowhere near 1/4 full! I managed to get a 2 hour movie on it, using only 500MB which is slightly less than half of 1GB! Now i can watch my movies in bed when i cant sleep or listen to my fave music, absolutely wonderful, i won't go back now i have my ipod!
on 29 February 2008
After years of resisting what seemed the lemming like approach of people towards Apple and it's IPod player I finally succumbed 2 weeks ago. Having finally got fed up of Windows cumbersome file naming system and my old Zen's inability to find the tracks I wanted. What a difference! I loved my Zen Jukebox for all it's slight foibles and cumbersome interface,the thing was built solidly and despite being a chunky walkman size it always performed, but after using the iPod and it's features such as Coverflow I am now converted.

I was almost put off by iTunes until I read one of these reviews which had moved from 1 star to 5. After reading about the purpose of iTunes to evolve from Windows file naming, and the fact that iTunes uses the original id3 tags, it was obvious to me some work was needed to tidy up the file naming. It took about a week but has been thoroughly worth it. My music files are now all named properly and album covers have been downloaded and cut/pasted into iTunes. I now have the full 6500 songs all with nice covers, correctly labelled, easy to find and a pleasure to use.

One thing let's it down, and that's the volume cap...but surely it's only a matter of time before someone cracks that open. Surely it would have been better to let the iPod software give you the option of applying the limit and then putting a disclaimer in place? The new Seinheisser CX-300's have helped sort most of that...but take my advice and rip at 256 or more as plain old 128kbps is unlikely to be of sufficient volume, even at the iPod max, in an environment other than a library or morgue!