on 22 February 2017
Excellent Product which they've stopped making. Why??? It has a massive memory which is ideal for all your music. I purchased it as a gift and pondered on getting two, one for ourselves but regrettably I didn't.
The Apple shop staff in Covent Garden told me they no longer have spares for any that become faulty, so take care of them those of you lucky enough to own one.
on 12 February 2015
This will be my third iPod and by far and away this is the best one. 160GB hard drive so I can store hundreds of albums. Far quicker to add files from iTunes and now it charges via the USB far quicker than my old iPod. Unfortunately you cannot buy this model from Apple so expect to pay around the £400 mark. If you don't want all the other apps which now come with the new family of iPods then this model is the only option. Apple are missing out big time by discontinuing this model. Apple are charging £250 quid for a 62GB iPod touch so at £400 for 160GB this is a bargain.
on 11 December 2015
I don't like Apple stuff on principle, but I needed something with a decent capacity to play through my new hands-free setup in the car. So, iPod it was. And it does what it says on the tin - big capacity, relative ease of navigation to the track or artist you want - although it may take a while once you've got a 100GB or so of stuff in there.

Downsides - I had to convert lots of my older tracks to mp3, which was a pain; and you have to use the iTunes interface, which is pretty crap, in my view. But it is a nice piece of kit.
on 18 June 2016
A typical Apple product, in that it works the way Apple think it should rather than the way you'd like it to. File corruption is fairly common (over 12 months of ownership) and occasionally it cannot be rebooted and you have to wait fort he battery to die before it can be restarted. Probably somewhat outdated by modern expectations of such devices. But sound quality is good, though for some people the range of volume is insufficient even when the safety level is exceeded.
on 29 November 2017
What a great product, this is my second iPod classic. I think they are the best and they shouldn't of stopped making them.
The company that I bought this from sent it in fantastic condition and on time. I would highly recommend these if anyone wants to get a lot of music on one device. I can appreciate everyone has their phones now for music, but I have never been a fan of music on my phone.
on 30 May 2015
My first I pod! Chose this one as the memory is massive, and so, will last me years. I purposefully didn't want a smaller type, as I'd loose it. This is sturdy and heavy solid item, that I feel confident with. The cover flow system to view albums is brilliant and easy to use. Simple menus. Nice big screen compared to other pod's.I love it.
on 6 July 2017
I'm sure this is probably a great product but don't buy from this seller because mine lasted five minutes. It just wouldn't work at all
on 3 February 2015
Can't believe Apple stopped making this. I know there are a few alternatives (see Sony A Series Walkman - up to 128gb with extra card), but nothing that gives 160gb and nothing as easy and as straight forward. Maybe a new flash card alternative on the horizon????

Anyway, grab while you can.
on 10 April 2015
Brilliant, I've run out of steam putting all my albums on to it, not the other way around at last! I have aprox. 300 albums so this seemed like the only logical choice, and I'm well pleased with it. I would recomed one to anybody so why they discontinued it I have no idea.
on 16 October 2015
Headphone jack does now not work after a measly two months using it. Tried various aux cables/headphones. Only plays out of one speaker. I have 2 ipod classics and never had this problem before. Also, there is a large amount of static sound coming from ipod itself, most probably a problem with the hard drive. Very disappointed as I paid £200 for something to last just under 2 months. Typically it's just out of the 30 day returns policy. Can't quite believe it. Thought this would last at least 18 months.