on 13 May 2013
unfortunately this iphone is not fully tested as they mentioned ; first of all, just one of the external speakers is functional and the other one is not so the sound is not what you expect from iPhone 4s ,also there was a problem with the wireless cause i put the iphone in silver ((plastic ))hard back cover this made the iPhone unable to detect the wireless connections of my home and now it is without cover !!!!
also the battery life is no more than 2 hours using calls and internet both , so that i think this was cheating , and i will not recommend this to any body
on 10 February 2013
I'm usually skeptical when reviewing mobile phones but felt the need to as I'm really impressed.

I had the 3GS and did not intend to go back to Apple, the 3GS was slow, basic and not worth it at all.

The 4S is very fast on 3G or WIFI and there is no shortage of apps, its true that you can effectively run your life on this phone wether it is banking/shopping or just entertainment.

The screen is beautiful and clear, the only better screen I have seen on a handheld device is the PS Vita. I honestly think Apple have perfected the touchscreen also as its robust and accurate.

I have only two particular annoyances with the 4S, one being primitive and the other being major.

The charge/sync cable is less than a metre long, petty I know but it is rather annoying.

The major problem is the battery life, its not far from pathetic, if you are using an app for over 5 minutes you can witness the percentage dropping up to 5%. I understand that its a powerful phone processor and display wise and Apple are good when recommending tips to save battery life but the bottom line is simple, if your are paying £400+ for a device then the battery should last more than a day!

All in all I am more than happy with the phone as it trampled over bad memories of the 3GS.

Point to note, after using the 4S and the 5 model I chose the 4S. I was more impressed by it!
on 23 October 2012
Great phone , Apple sent very quickly after ordering, very pleased with it, works very well with iPad also. Had a Blackberry, very happy to have changed to iPhone.
on 21 May 2013
Overall the phone has been a great purchase.

Pro's:

Apple's renowned Operating System is a joy to use, making utilising the phones capabilities far easier than most android phones on the market.
Everyone loves it.
Thousands of fantastic apps that are fairly cheap if not free
Perfect if you have other apple products
Cloud service allows 5Gb of free storage

Cons:

I still haven't found siri to be of much use. If you haven't got a decent Internet service while out and about then Siri is rendered useless.
The biggest problem I've had with the phone is the screen. No one plans to drop their phone but from time to time it happens, the susceptibility of the screen to crack when dropped seems to be fairly high (having broken two screens myself and seen numerous phones with broken screens). My advice would be to invest in a good quality case to mitigate against such accidents.
The keypad for texting is on the small side so if you have large fingers this can become fairly annoying.

All in all the phone is simple to use and has all the prestige ad quality you would expect of an apple product.
on 22 August 2012
The product was received in excellent conditions and within the specified timeframe. Plus, they sent me a phone cover and screen protectors which was a very good surprise! 100% recommended
on 10 March 2012
Ithis phone for Upgraded from Blackberry bold 9700 and let me tell you i wasnt disapointed .The battery life can be disapointing but i think thats more because i keep playing with it . It has amazing free and cheap apps. I've had this phone since end of January and novelty still hasnt warn off I'm glad to say
on 17 November 2012
I purchased an IPhone 4S Sim Free as a birthday present for my granddaughter who lives in Cyprus. I purchased it sim free in order that she could choose a provider in Cyprus. She is now told the phone is blocked and will have to pay Euro150 to activate the phone with her new sim card purchased in Cyprus. Why is this?? I understood Apple products would work anywhere!! The cost of the IPhone was quite a lot of money but now I am faced with having to send out the cost of connecting her up in Cyprus. She has spoken to an Apple advisor in Cyprus which she got from the web and was told because it was purchased in UK this was the reason. Surely its possible to purchase Apple items anywhere in the world and have them work elsewhere than from the country of purchase. For example I bought my IPad from New York and set it up here in UK and it works great.
Some feed back on this would be appreciated.
on 22 November 2012
Apple never fail to impress me with their amazing technology. The iPhone 4s is yet another fantastic creation, it is basically an iPad 2, iPod and smart phone all rolled into one great little package.

There are millions of Apps (applications: software to play with) for you to download in seconds from the App Store within the phone. The 2 cameras (forward and rear facing) produce beautiful photos and video. There are millions of songs at your fingertips within the iTunes App, and all the music and video played through the iPhone sounds and looks brilliant. The design and layout looks wonderful and is easy to use; I barely needed the instruction manual. The phone itself is clear and simple with some very nice features; visit Apple's page online to see exactly what this device can do.

Just buy one, you will love it...
on 15 April 2013
having puchased tis item because it was advertised as sim free, on arrival found it was tied to "EE".

works well but remember to turn off all the bits you dont need, as it drains the battery.
on 21 March 2013
This iphone is as good as it gets, not the ultimate phone but that will come soon. The 4S has so far been very reliable, no call drops, no data drop, it seems to work effortlessly. The screen is easy to see and read, very sharp, and the controls do what they should do. I have used this phone along with a Samsung SG2 and on a recent trip to london where I needed maps and info the iphone won hands down.
It feels good in the hand albeit I have a gel cover and screen protector. 3D maps are amazing but siri I can't really have a use for and the information is not always there, I somehow think that speaking to the phone technology is still a good few years away for perfection. The colour white is stunning and it gives a good class look, you really do feel like you are holding and using something expensive and special.
Loads of memory, good music player, good camera and facetime is useful but can only be used with other Apple facetime units. This phone has convinced me to get an ipad.