Apple iPad Mini Retina - Silver (128GB, Wi-Fi, Cellular)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Beautiful 7.9" Retina Display: The difference has never been clearer. iPad mini with Retina display is amazing to hold. And behold. Every photo is incredibly detailed and vibrant, and every line of text is remarkably crisp and clear. With higher resolution than an HDTV, it's stunning - on a whole new scale.
- A7 Chip: Don't let its size fool you. iPad mini is powered by the new A7 chip with 64-bit architecture. A7 delivers killer performance - up to four times faster CPU and up to eight times faster graphics performance than the previous generation - without sacrificing battery life. So you get incredible power in a device you can take with you wherever you go.
- Powerful Apps: It comes ready to work and play. iPad apps are like no other. Because they're designed just for iPad, they look amazing and use every pixel of the beautiful display. iPad mini comes with great built-in apps for the everyday things you do, like checking email and surfing the web. To help you be even more creative and productive, iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, Numbers and Keynote are now available for free. And over 475,000 other incredible iPad apps are just a tap away in the App Store. With apps like these, iPad mini can do just about anything - which means you can too.
- Advanced Wireless: Do more in more places. iPad mini keeps you connected faster than ever. In more locations than ever. Using two antennas instead of one, alongside MIMO technology, iPad mini delivers twice the Wi‑Fi performance of its predecessor. And the Wi‑Fi + Cellular model supports more bands than ever, so you can make quick, easy connections the world over
- iPad mini and iOS 7: Beautiful Design, Beautifully Integrated. iOS 7 was designed to take advantage of 64-bit architecture. So it's every bit as advanced as the iPad mini it runs on. And with new features like smarter multitasking, Control Centre and AirDrop, iOS 7 makes the experience of using iPad mini even more beautiful and simple. Because iOS 7 and iPad mini weren't just designed to work together, they were designed to enhance one another.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
iPad mini with Retina Display: Small Wonder.
iPad Mini Retina
UK Mains Plug
USB to Lightning Cable
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
With an iPad, you can do pretty much anything you can do on a laptop/Desktop computer. With the added benefit of it being much more portable.
✓ Shop online
✓ Create and edit documents
✓ Do online Banking – pretty much all of the main banks have their own apps for iPad's making it even easier to do your day to day banking from your tablet
✓ Read and reply to emails from the comfort of your sofa
✓ View and organise photos – useful for when friends and relatives come around and you want to show off those holiday photos!
✓ Video call using Skype or Apples own Facetime (similar to Skype for use with another Apple Device)
✓ Read or research online
✓ Read books – you can purchase books from Apple's iBooks, the Kindle store and any other book stores which have an app in the Apple Store
✓ Watch films – you can watch Netflix, LoveFilm or any other subscription services which have an app in the Apple Store
✓ Watch TV – there are several apps available for iPad's which will allow you to catchup on TV. There's TVCatchup, BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, Demand 5, you can even order TV shows on demand from iTunes
✓ Play games – there are over 1 million apps in the Apple App Store and many of these are games
✓ Listen to the radio / music – either by streaming music from the internet or playing music stored locally on your iPad
*** What are the cons? ***
- Not all printers are 100% compatible with iPads – ideally you will need a printer that supports AirPrint. However this is becoming more of a standard feature with newer printers.Read more ›
The iPad comes in several sizes (and prices) now:-
Small (Paperback book sized, but incredibly thin)
* iPad Mini (with standard display)
* iPad Mini 2 - This one. The latest fastest Mini size iPad with an HD display.
* iPad Mini 3. Released October 2014 - with the “Touch ID” - fingerprint reader and faster chip
Having said that, personally I think the iPad Mini 2 (this model) is better value than the Mini 3. Not convinced the touch ID is worth the extra money.
Larger (Size of an A4 Pad of paper)
* iPad 2, 3 or 4th Generation - Full size iPads (probably best avoided)
* iPad Air - Release November 2013
* iPad Air 2 - Released October 2014. With the A8X chip and “touch id” fingerprint reader and faster chip
Oddly enough, it’s so beautifully easy to use (my one year old daughter loves playing with it), it’s almost doesn’t feel like a computer at all. I bought one for my 10 year old daughter and she absolutely loves it. We sold the previous Android tablet as it just sat in a drawer not being used.
A word of warning - this review is written for people who’ve never owned an iPad before - and are wondering what all the fuss is about. Don’t read this if you already own an iPad or Mini and are thinking about an upgrade - I’d recommend you simply buy a mini with Retina or an iPad Air.
Just what’s all the fuss about?
I used to own a laptop for work, and (very occasionally), it’d sit on my lap on the sofa, and I’d use it for pleasure (eMail, watching films or playing the odd game).Read more ›
The latest iPad Mini is just a smaller version of the iPad Air, and as such sports the same processor and options offered on its bigger brother.
Now does the iPad Mini really live up to the marketing hype?
A quick answer is "Yes", thanks to new zippy 64 bit A7 processor, lovely "Retina display" screen and portability!
And what makes this the best tablet to date are the apps, which have been optimized to take full advantage of the powerful 64bit processor. As an example: If you have a 64bit operating system but 32bit software than the performance increase is negligible.
Apps written for iOS are generally superior to the android version. There are various reasons for this:
- Applications are only available through the App Store, and are virtually virus free
- Stable and reliable iOS platform
- iPad is also targeted for professional environments
- Other platforms have new tablets springing every other day, sporting different screen sizes and processors
✓ Blazing fast, low consumption A7 (64bit) processor
✓ Premium build quality sporting ever so stylish looks thanks to the precision engineered aluminium housing
✓ Retina display. Great colour saturation producing stunning images
✓ Super lightweight, WiFi version 331grams and WiFi+Cellular version 341grams
✓ Vast choice of apps which can mimic laptop/desktop programs
✓ iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, Numbers and Keynote available for free
✓ Awesome battery life.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great toy I love the pictures I take so very clear and beautiful! I am however still trying to figure out the cellular part of it. Read morePublished on 9 Jun. 2014 by Precious O. TLHABIWA