Customer reviews

on 25 April 2014
I love it this lovely mini-iPad bought for me by my family for birthday+Golden Wedding anniversary. Just the right size for my handbag and so useful when I am out and about. I do have the full size iPad which I use at home but wanted the smaller version for taking with me on journeys. The screen is excellent and big enough to watch films etc. Delighted with my present. I had bought one for my son for Christmas and he loves his too. Found it at a good price on the Amazon website and received it very promptly. No problems with seller.
on 4 September 2015
I love it! I'm still exploring the many features of my first iPad and I am not disappointed so far. My photos look amazing on a retina screen. I am delighted there are now apps available for Microsoft Word and Excel.
on 13 August 2015
Excellent buy!! Very happy with my Ipad. Very happy with the company's service.
I am no Apple iOS diehard fan. In fact I have several android and windows tablets. Yet there's no denying that the iPad has revolutionised the computer industry by triggering the tablet era.

The iPad mini is just a smaller version of the iPad Air, and as such sports the same processor and options offered on its bigger brother.

------------------------------------------------------------
Now does the iPad Mini really live up to the marketing hype?

A quick answer is "Yes", thanks to new zippy 64 bit A7 processor, lovely "Retina display" screen and portability!
And what makes this the best tablet to date are the apps, which have been optimized to take full advantage of the powerful 64bit processor. As an example: If you have a 64bit operating system but 32bit software than the performance increase is negligible.

Apps written for iOS are generally superior to the android version. There are various reasons for this:
- Applications are only available through the App Store, and are virtually virus free
- Stable and reliable iOS platform
- iPad is also targeted for professional environments
- Other platforms have new tablets springing every other day, sporting different screen sizes and processors

Pros:
- Blazing fast, low consumption A7 (64bit) processor
- Premium build quality sporting ever so stylish looks thanks to the precision engineered aluminium housing
- Retina display. Great colour saturation producing stunning images
- Super lightweight, WiFi version 331grams and WiFi+Cellular version 341grams
- Vast choice of apps which can mimic laptop/desktop programs
- iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, Numbers and Keynote available for free
- Awesome battery life. No other tablet manufacturer can match as yet

Cons:
- Proprietary hardware required. Ie: Bluetooth GPS, Airprint printers..
- No expandable memory
- No touch ID

I would have loved to see an improved version of the iPhone's touch ID.

------------------------------------------------------
Probably the most difficult task is choosing the version which best suits your needs and budget:

I will first start with the common denominator. All flavours offer the same A7 chip, retina display and Wi-Fi.

So the options are colour, storage size and cellular:
♦ Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, yet I do suggest a side by side hands on comparison.
♦ Given the fast processor I would say go for the largest available storage you can afford. This could easily become your best carry around companion, so the larger the memory the better.
♦ Many think that cellular versions only offer data. This version also sports a GPS chip which works as good as the best GPS receivers. So this has to be taken into consideration when factoring the price difference.

Highly recommend to anyone on the move wanting an ultra portable, fast and reliable alternative to its larger sibling.
on 26 October 2015
Bought as a Christmas present and used for hours every day. Umm'd and ahh'd over this or the normal size and the mini has turned out to be ideal. Can be put in a bag no problem and the camera / vid is great. Use it for facetime / skype / facebook / messenger to keep in contact as I work away a lot. Bought a cover for it as well and have had no problems in 10 months hard use.
on 24 July 2014
Fast delivery, and a brilliant product. I love that I got it almost 100 quid cheaper on Amazon. I'm so glad I could get the 32 GB version, because the 16 GB really isn't worth it (as a student I take tons of pictures and have many apps and files). I will definitely buy more electronics off Amazon.
on 9 July 2014
Bought as pressie for hubby he loves it perfect size clear screen.would defiantly recommend it to anybody.
on 1 November 2016
Fab iPad and working really well. My husband is getting on really well with it.
on 30 December 2014
Fast service and goods as expected
on 21 July 2014
Great and fast delivery thank you