on 12 November 2014
If it were a sturdy cable then I wouldn't complain about the price. But considering the material is cheap, I am. No way will i be purchasing another. *And the cable i got was bundled in my MBP Retina 15"* Disgusting.
I understand when you purchase an Apple product you are purchasing the Brand. But it's a CHARGER. This should be no more than £30. Even at £30 it would still be overpriced.

I'm a student. I can't afford getting replacements.
on 12 January 2014
Power adapter heated up to burning temperatures - it was too hot. The power adapter started melting and the edges started burning and turning orange and the smell was a strong burning smell. Took it to Apple and they said I had been sold a FAKE lead!!!! I didn't order a fake lead - I ordered an Apple lead. On the receipt and original form it only said Apple and no other company - I was paying for an Apple lead and nothing else. Contacted them, they said they would give me a refund if i sent it back to them. Two weeks after posting to them I haven't had any reply whatsoever from them. STRONGLY UNRECOMMENDED!! I will be shortly filing a complaint with Amazon to get my money back!
on 23 June 2013
This item does work however as far as I can tell it is not 'genuine' as claimed by the seller 'techo' it is a fake, the light stays on when you disconnect it and the cable itself just feels wrong, I am currently talking with CAB to see what they recommend as to whether it should be reported to Trading Standards etc it also seems to get a lot warmer than my original Apple supplied charger, be careful.
on 9 September 2013
It works in as much as it recharges my laptop's batteries, but every time my wrist strays to the bottom of my laptop I get a slow but painful shock on that part of the skin. For some reason this thing also makes my whole laptop vibrate for no reason. And yes before asking, I got the exact same one as was supplied with my original mac, this isn't consumer negligence.
on 15 August 2016
Bought as a second charger to save un plugging the original one each time when going to and from the office. The quality of it is great but thats what i would expect from an Apple product. It was also cheaper then the Apple store so worth they days wait for it.
on 31 January 2013
Great looking charger compared to the usual black bricks. Size wise it's compact and easy to store away in a laptop bag without ay hassle. Lastly being magsafe it's harmless to your machine etc. if suddenly disconnected. I personally love the whole magnetic connection, It's a must have for all Mac owners!
on 13 April 2013
This product doesn't 'feel' quite the same as the one which came with my macbook, the cables are not as 'soft' but and things don't 'click' together in quite the same smooth perfect way they did on my original. However that could mean nothing and just be down to slight variation in the manufacturing process. In every other respect it is identical to the one I received with the laptop and feels and looks nice, it also works with the extra plug which connects directly to the power block to shorten the cable which came in the box with the Macbook.

While charging the Mac there is a slight fuzzy tingle if I brush my fingers over the chassis of the laptop surrounding the keys and trackpad, which goes away if I rest one hand on the chassis and 'brush' with the other. However this sensation is not strong enough to be noticeable while typing, nor does it make the laptop unusable while charging (thank goodness because the battery life on my macbook retina is dreadful). I have read on several forums including Mac's own that this may be a grounding issue but is not something that is considered dangerous to the laptop or the user. I did not get this issue with the original charger that came with my laptop.

Having said all the above the product is doing the job just fine, and doesn't feel quite as flimsy as the original so I'm hoping it will last longer than the pathetic 4 months the other one did before it burnt through it's cable and nearly set my house on fire. To be clear it was the *original* that started smouldering *not* the one I am reviewing.

The upshot is the charger is fine go for it, but don't buy a Macbook retina they are highly over rated, had so many issues with mine (including malware! dead pixels, flammable charger, losing internet connection all the time amongst other things) since it was bought for me as a 50th birthday present as soon as I can afford it I'm buying myself a pc ultrabook.
on 23 July 2013
I bought this for my Mac Pro 15" Retina so that I can charge it up at work (Apple claim 7 hour battery life, but even though its brand new I rarely get more than 2 hours!!).
The charger is perfectly functional and works just fine. Of course it is up to Apples excellent build quality.
I have 2 main problems with this unit - firstly why is it so big?? Surely in this day and age power units still don't need to be brick-sizes??
Secondly the price - whilst this item from amazon was the cheapest unit I. Oils find, it's still quite extortionate for what is basics so just a artery charger.
All in all I am generally pleased with the item.
on 25 May 2016
Item is not in the box missing cable and buy the 85w get the 60w rubbish easing time
Don't buy it
on 25 July 2013
Bought as an additional charger because the MacBook's battery life means it needs to be plugged in quite a lot of the time. Does what it is meant to do.