on 14 June 2014
Very happy with the macbook pro retina display laptop.
Shortly after I placed my order with Amazon I received a message from the seller informing me the keyboard was not UK spec. but the operation could be changed during setup by confirming UK keyboard installed. I was asked if I wanted to cancel the order if I was not happy with this. I am glad I did not cancel the order. The £ sign is displayed by pressing the ash key and the ash sign is displayed by pressing alt and 3, so no problem. Everything else is as UK spec including power plug and lead. As expected the laptop is very well made, looks modern, smart, and is a pleasure to use. I had been used to using a 15 inch display laptop but the screen on the macbook pro retina 13 inch is so clear and easy to read I do not miss the 15 inch screen size.
Setup and update was very straightforward and everything worked as expected. The laptop operates very quickly and I would highly recommend it.
on 15 June 2014
Having been a long-time user of PCs, I finally moved to a Mac for photo-editing-driven reasons!

I've been using the Macbook for a couple of months now and it's a genuinely stunning piece of kit. OS X is very slick and the gesture-control using the touchpad is excellent. There are some nuances to accommodate moving from Windows to OS X, of course, but nothing that would cause any concern. The battery life is amazing, the performance is fantastic and of course the screen is beautiful! I am very, very pleased with this Macbook.

However, regarding the seller: my order was fulfilled by SmartCo - despite the item details, my Mac was NOT the UK-keyboard version. It was a Philippine version which is the same as the US one. And this is not a case of mistaken item-picking: the packaging came with a homemade print out of how to change the language settings from US to UK. Overall, I'd say saving 300 quid on the RRP is worth having a US keyboard, but it's your call...
on 15 October 2014
Excellent laptop fast easy to use
Enjoyable
on 16 November 2014
The model I received was ME866ZP/A, not the UK version as advertised. I returned it the next day and then had to wait over a fortnight to get a refund!
on 23 August 2014
My son loves this laptop. We did so much research into getting this one and found Amazon with this seller was the best price going.

Me and my son would of given this five stars but I felt there was a mix up in the delivery and didn't arrive when it was suppose to do.
The seller was very understanding when I e-mailed, I got a phone call very promptly. They also explained to make sure I was aware the keyboard was set to the USA.......Don't worry you can easily change it to UK from the start with the settings. Inside the packaging you have a UK charger also so you can take it aboard if you wish.

It's a nice size and slim to hold. HD is wicked, good graphics. Easy to use and understand. Me and my son is very impressed. Me has a mother was very impressed and jealous that his keyboard on the apple laptop has a night light so you can use it in the dark.

I would recommend this laptop to everyone. Good value for money. Sellers very understanding and easy to get hold of. Packed very well and not noticeable to anyone that the package is a laptop.
on 4 October 2014
simply loving the Mac experience, the machine quite fast & has a decent battery backup although the product description says 9 hours but i am getting around 8 hours which is still amazing. historically being a windows user i am finding Mac interesting, quite a few things to learn here :) Loving the retina display experience!!
on 26 February 2014
Having purchased this from Amazon UK, I would expect the description to clearly state that these are imports.

I have no idea how this will effect the warranty in the UK?

If this had clearly stated that it was not the UK version, I probably would not have bought it.

It would have got 5 stars, if it had been a UK version.....
33 Comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 January 2016
I love this computer! I got this as a replacement for my 2008 Macbook after I fried it. This new one is still running just as fast as the day I got it over a year on, I would NEVER go back to Windows! The retina display makes everything look amazing and clear, films especially look much better than they every have before. I don't have any problem with the US keyboard as it's only the symbol keys that are slightly different but you can re-assign these and even swap them round on the actual keyboard if you want to. Everything is completely automated now and the system updates itself very regularly and best of all updates the operating system regularly for free. Once you go Mac you don't go back!
on 12 July 2014
My concerns that I might be sent a non-UK spec version were unfounded. Great spec laptop, great price (£300 cheaper than Apple) free next-day delivery through Amazon Prime - couldn't have wished for a better deal.
on 12 December 2013
Design is superb, quality amazing and set up very easy.

Using windows in the office at Cotswold Web Services and this is a test to see if we should move to Macs. Our designers swear by them!

Only had it 2 days so this is an early review, I still love my windows 7 PC. Windows 8 pushed me towards trialling out OSx and enjoying the experience more than expected.

The shock of a new OS isn't bad, it's enjoyable finding out how it works after hearing so much about Macs. Coupled with the fact I own an iphone and ipad it made a lot of sense.