- Platform: Mac, Mac OS X
- Media: DVD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
Final Cut Studio (Mac)
- Expanded ProRes family. Edit even faster at higher quality across workflows ranging from offline editing to broadcast events to high-fidelity compositing
- Easy export. Use the new Share window in Final Cut Pro 7 or Motion 4 for single-click delivery to your Apple devices, the web, a Blu-ray disc, or a DVD
- IChat Theater support. Work with clients or colleagues in real time from anywhere in the world. Just send your Final Cut Pro video to iChat Theater
- New speed change tools. Change clip speeds with ease from the redesigned Change Speed window in Final Cut Pro 7. You can also create constant or variable speed changes in the Timeline
- 3D shadows and reflections. Motion 4 lets you add dramatic shadows and dazzling reflections that respond naturally as objects and lights move through 3D space
- Voice-level match. The new Voice Level option in the Soundtrack Pro 3 Lift and Stamp tools lets you instantly match dialogue levels across your project
- Support for 4K files. Color 1.5 lets you grade and render at maximum quality, with a workflow that supports native 4K files from cameras such as the RED ONE
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Apple Final Cut Studio Retail (MB642Z/A)
Edit, animate, mix, grade, and deliver on a Mac with Final Cut Studio. It includes more than 100 powerful new features. Use new versions of the ProRes codec to edit at high quality with reduced file sizes in a wide variety of workflows. Work with clients or colleagues in real time from anywhere in the world using iChat Theater. Add dramatic 3D graphics, repair common audio problems, and automate delivery in just a few clicks. The leading post-production suite now includes significant upgrades to Final Cut Pro, Motion, and Soundtrack Pro and updated versions of Color and Compressor. It also includes DVD Studio Pro, the industry standard for DVD authoring.
Top Customer Reviews
Is it worth upgrading from FCE? That really depends on how much style you want to bring to your projects. If you only want to do a minor bit of colour grading then you can use FCE, but more in depth work is easier on Color 1.5. The same goes for sound and graphics work, minor stuff can be done in FCE or Livetype, but Soundtrack Pro is such a powerful tool you can do almost anything with it and Motion 4 is just as good.
The workflow is also brilliant. If your editing something in FC and want to colour grade it, or edit the soundtrack just click File>Send to, and you can select any program in the suite. I know that sounds small, but it is so useful to not have several files all at different stages of editing.
Would i pay 800+ for it? No because i don't do enough editing to justify that amount, but if you think you will then go for it, because you will not be disappointed. Apple really have created a great product and i will never look at the competition again!
For an all round... I want to make films kit... this is incredibly difficult to beat. I switched computer platforms to Mac for FCP2... FCP3 is better still. Some real common sense improvements in the upgrade.. colour coding your markers in the NLE for example, plus the benefits of Apple Prores codecs help it run swiftly even at HD.
Consists of FCP7 (capture and editing suite), Motion graphics (special effects and graphic titles), Soundtrack Pro (audio mixing), Color (grading the color), Compressor (to make the film output files), and DVD Studio Pro (to author the film files to DVD, web, etc).
Fast enough learning curve to get going nice and quickly... loads of stuff to learn within the suite and keep you learning for ages. Much of the content on TV is made with this package... Plus a couple of big films.
Lots and lots of support and a good network of users forums to help you.
There are a few drawbacks. First is the steep learning curve, but trawling the internet provides many online tutorials. Second is the fact that, as of now, Macintosh has not caught up properly with the current AVCHD format and only provides HD format burning on its computer and not (yet) Blu Ray.
Those niggles apart the editing tools it contains are all that you would ever need.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very good item, very good service from the supplier. Exactly as expected and the only reason for four stars is because it could be cheaper.Published on 10 Mar. 2015 by Ajay Patel
I used it before and know I have had time to practice with it it just brilliant can't wait to start using it with my movies.Published on 17 Jun. 2011 by Brutus
Best thing i have ever bought in my entire life. I am a film maker, and Final Cut Studio has made my life easier !!!
Ive owned FCS now for a couple months. Read more