1,005

on 22 February 2013
Does exactly what it promises, with restrictions, but at nearly £40 is grossly overpriced. Prices are about the same at all suppliers though so have to bite the bullet !! Beware, will not work on Sky or Sky Go.
66 comments| 188 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 November 2015
I had to write a review as their are a lot of people non to happy with this product, first of all its not just an adapter it has lots of miniture circuitry in it and that probably accounts for the premium price.
Secondly, it works okay and does not float about, it connects solidly, you should of course avoid strain on any connecting cables/wires,adapters and equipment, things tend to last longer that way.
I worked as an electronic technician in the Royal Air Force for 22 years and would love to see anyones attempts at making a similar adapter.
It does the job for me, yes its pricey, but if you can get an Apple adapter that has a 1 year warranty and it does the job also. I cannot see the problem.
As for someone complaining that the small end of the adapter did not fit into his phone/ipad without him removing the protective case, I had absolutely no problem with my apple ipad case, but enlarging the hole in a case is a job I could manage if need be.
Pricey adapter, but it does the job.
Judd123 at 20.05 hours on Wednesday the 25th of November 2015.
review image
on 28 December 2013
All the reviews are spot on. This lead does exactly what you want it to.
However, it is too expensive and it wasn't until after I ordered it I noticed something I'd like to share.

Get yourself down Sainsburys and pick one up for £25. :-)
77 comments| 313 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 June 2014
Bought this after much consideration and I'm really happy with it. Yes it's really quite expensive but it's great to watch my Netflix on the big TV. Picture quality is excellent and good sound quality. Keeps the kids very happy which is a bonus!! Only down side is sky go app doesn't work but everything else is great.
33 comments| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 October 2015
This item is perfect if you have a TV with a HDMI (and cable) as you can plug your iPad/iPhone in and watch/play apps on the bigger screen.
I will add not all apps work on it, I've tried SkyGo which doesn't. But BT sport does.
review image
on 22 April 2014
Does what it says, handy gadget to have. Works well, quick delivery. No faults so recommended. Works with BT sports app :)
on 14 July 2014
This adapter was purchased to mirror an iPad air to my Panasonic TV, specifically to watch Amazon Instant Videos (AIV). A Panasonic TV is not a compatible device to watch AIV but the iPad is compatible.

The adapter connects to the iPad and then an HDMI cable (purchased separately) is used to connect the adapter to the TV.

It worked fine with any still images, also with films streamed from Netflix, BBC Sport, BBCiPlayer but the picture from AIV was terrible. The static home page for AIV was as good as any other mirrored image from the iPad but moving images broke up and pixelated.

Following many emails with Amazon Customer Services and eventually the Technical Department, I received the following statement:

When transmitting AIV through an iPad to any device other than an Apple TV, significant reduction in playback quality is inevitable. This is because our service is not currently optimised for working in these circumstances, and so although it is possible to transmit the service through the TV using the AV adaptor you mentioned in conjunction with your Panasonic TV, this is not a method that we would recommend and these are not devices that we would officially endorse as compatible.

So, if you want to see still images on your TV from your iPad using this adapter, it is good. Moving images from some apps are, from my experience, also good. But if you want to watch Amazon Instant Video from the Amazon app on your iPad, it is useless. This is not an Apple problem.
33 comments| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 January 2016
I bought the Apple Lightning adapter in good faith. There was no comment or warning that it may not suit my iPad Air. When I tried to make it work, spending a lot of time trying it on my iPone 6s. Neither worked. I was really made as I had the family coming for a meal, then afterwards to see our recent cruise! I couldn't show my pictures and videos on my TV!!
I called Apple in Ireland and soon found out that my software was too new to use the adapter.
Apple sent me an adapter to suit my iPad.
It cost me extra money.
Amazon were very good at refunding what I paid but not what it cost me.
on 17 November 2014
Typically expensive Apple product but it does exactly what it was made for. My only criticism is that the HDMI connection is flimsy and when connected to the cable it needs to be stable and secured to prevent disconnections of the AV signal as the slightest movement appears to causes interruptions to the signal..
on 7 August 2014
Unfortunately this device is not compatible with The Amazon Instant video app. I wish i had read the reviews before i made my purchase. The picture quality is truly dire. I would not reccomended for this use.