on 11 March 2015
The phone arrived in slim packaging with the minimum of bubble wrap surrounding the actual device - not an issue as long as it does not get damaged rattling around in the larger box. When I took the phone from the packaging bubble wrap it looked fantastic no deep scratches and no nicks, or other visible damage apart from very light signs of use. Up to this point I was ecstatic as this was for a birthday gift.

Phone was discharged so used the supplied cable to charge it until it registered fully charged.

Switched on phone and it came up with the usual Apple intro and information requests to get setup completed. At this point I noticed a band on the screen LCD that presented itself as a discoloured cream or pale yellow frame around the entire display sides around 5mm top and bottom around 10mm in from edges. I checked it against my own iPhone 5s and mine has no such issues, switches it off and left it for a couple of hours and then back on, still had the same issue.

I checked on google for similar issues and it seems that there have been a number of iPhones that have had to have screens replaced after an unpredictable period with exactly these symptoms but sometimes different coloured banding.

This is very unfortunate, but I am unhappy with it as a purchase and could not give it as the intended gift, I have therefore requested a refund and am posting the unit back ASAP.
on 12 April 2015
I bought this item advertised as new for my wife's birthday. When it was opened it soon became apparent that it was reconditioned. The box was not sealed, the mains plug came separately and was scratched and its lead was grubby. The phone itself had scratches on the bevels and on the Apple logo. The headphone jack socket was dirty and showed signs of wear. The interior of the phone had signs of water damage. My wife's birthday was spoiled.
on 24 October 2015
Do not buy from this seller. The phone arrived in good condition as described but had no charge so I tried charging it and it would connect properly to any of the adapters. They knowingly sold me a faulty phone that was unable to charge!
on 18 March 2016
I bought a used 32GB iPhone 5 white from this seller about a year ago. It was a good purchase. It was the cheapest I could find online. The phone had scratches on the metal but no scratches on the screen which is all I care about. Everything about the phone worked fine and I was happy with it...

EXCEPT the battery was really bad. It turned out that the battery was part of a series of iPhone 5 devices that had poor battery life due to some fault of Apple and so Apple replaced the battery for me for free. So, I am unclear if that was the seller's fault for selling these without getting the replacement done by Apple, but it seems like that is mostly Apple's fault. Normally it would cost 50 for that but it was free since Apple admitted they had some product defect. I also contacted the seller when I first saw how bad the battery was and they responded quickly saying I could return it, so I think they did everything right.

Other than that the phone has worked great for the past year and I am really glad I bought it used.
on 26 May 2016
This iPhone doesn't even deserve one star from me !! I brought this phone for my dad with the understanding of how much I would be paying that it would be perfect. That was NOT the case , after he had it for not even a day he realised the battery wasn't right on it ,

Instead of the real hassle of having to send it back I though I'll speak to Apple and take it in hoping it was something silly and would be sorted . This was not the case , after having to go into London Apple Store TWICE turns out the iPhone was faulty repaired and there was more than a battery problem inside! Who ever sold this sold new it was faulty and tried to sell it on hoping no one would notice !! Apple wouldn't even fix it as they said where it's been fixed not by Apple it is not now covered by them and wouldn't be either .

The hassle and stress I have now had to go through in returning this iPhone is absolutely ridiculous !!! I am beyond angry I will tell you that and I couldn't recommend enough to anyone else NOT to by an iPhone from here !!!
on 17 December 2014
The phone had a few nicks and scratches as advertised, but nothing major. In fact, once I had a case and screen protector on it, I didn't even notice the flaws.
The battery life is decent and I've found no hardware faults (as yet). It arrived quite quickly, too.
All-round satisfaction.
on 25 January 2016
Very good phone. Well made and is nice in appearance. Does everything my son wanted it for, but buyers need to be aware that it takes a micro sim which we didn't realise, and had to go to the network shop to pick one up.
on 11 September 2015
Item is as described; with a few scratches on the casing + notches. The screen is actually unscratched. I'm currently in Japan, and this arrived pretty quickly too. Works well and connects with my iTunes just fine along with my rental data sim card! Very happy, although the wire provided won't work with my phone and I had to go and buy a new wire to charge it with.
on 23 December 2015
This phone looks almost brand new was so impressed however within a month it wouldn't hold its charge and turns itself off more than its is on. Gutted contract sim card barely used so double waste of money on the phone and ongoing contract..... My advice buy a cheap smartphone from a store at least you know what you are actually getting.

The star is because amazon makes you have to fill at least one star in order to put up your review
on 28 May 2015
Buying a 2nd hand iPhone left me a little worried. But we needed a new one fast to replace a smashed apparently touch Cat Phone (already replaced 4 times). Item arrived boxed and not a Mark on it. Wife is very happy. I'm sadly not though, she's converted to Apple. our house used to be soly Android.

Anyway thank you for an immaculate phone.