Appetite For Destruction
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 1 November 2013
This album is 25 years old yet still sounds as fresh and as vital to me now, than it did in the mid-90's when I first heard it. You've probably all heard "Sweet Child O Mine", "Paradise City" and "Welcome to the Jungle" so know how good GNR were. The rest of the album is more of the same, with not one track being deemed filler. "Nightrain" is my personal standout track, but you're hard pushed to choose.

If you like metal and rock music and you havn't heard Appetite for Destruction then you are doing yourself a massive diservice.

I don't see this album getting old for at least another 25 years. Never bettered, and no other bands come close (although Crashdiet's - Rest In Sleaze was almost there).
on 15 May 2014
Best debut album ever. Guns N' Roses are the greatest rock band ever to have lived, with Axl Rose's insane, incredible vocals, Slash's amazing guitar solo's just make him the best guitar player in the universe, Steven Addler's mind blowing drum playing, Duff McKagan amazing bass player and Izzy Stradlin's awesome guitar work. If you are new with Gun's N Roses this is the album to buy, with ever single track just blowing your mind, you won't regret it.
With most album reviews ive done i would usually pick my favorite track but ever track is equally amazing so i don't have a favorite they are all to hard to rank.
Axl Rose+Slash+McKagan+Addler+Stradlin= Greatest Heavy Metal/Hard Rock Group Ever
on 20 November 2015
as always Zoverstocks are a trusted source of cds, I have only bought one cd from them in years of using them that skipped on one song ( that I didn't like) however they offered to swap it all the same.
My GNR cd works perfect thank you Zoverstocks, I like some of the songs but not enough to dash out to HMV to pay £10, although Zoverstocks have better after sales service....... Hence why they have my custom and recomendation
on 17 July 2017
Great cd
on 17 April 2016
Appetite for Destruction has some great songs and very little filler material. Most know of Welcome To The Jungle, Paradise City and Sweet Child o' Mine so I won't bother saying how great these songs are, but there are some absolute gems on here which are lesser known but by no means are lesser songs than the three aforementioned anthems.

Out Ta Get Me and Think About You are fantastic tracks, particularly the former. Whilst My Michelle and Rocket Queen are just a joy to listen to.
Many people are familiar with the 3 well-known songs but there are several others that make this album a great purchase.
on 19 December 2014
I recently saw Slash featuring Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators in Leeds. I enjoyed the gig so much I decided to put together a playlist of the tracks they played that evening. They played a good few Guns n Roses tracks including Nightrain, Rocket Queen, Sweet Child O' Mine, and Paradise City for the Encore. Having Slash's 3 solo albums already, and just Guns n Roses Greatest Hits meant I needed this album and Slither by Velvet Revolver to complete my playlist/setlist.The only regret I have about my purchase is I should've bought it when it was first released. One of the greatest Rock/Metal albums ever.
on 28 September 2013
With so many reviews already posted it is difficult to add anything new. This is music from the heart and soul - it speaks of lives less than perfect but surviving and growing despite the world they are living in. It is, in effect a hymn to survival. This should not be taken lightly.

Whether or not a fully paid up rock fan I say - Buy. Listen. Love. It may be that you hate it (unlikely) but if you do it is still a testament to the power of this album that it can evoke such emotions.
on 24 May 2017
Love this
on 25 November 2015
I originally had this album on audio cassette but wanted it in a more up-to-date format. It contains all the best & well-known songs from Axl & the boys. You either love 'em or hate 'em & I obviously love 'em & think Appetite For Destruction belongs in everyone's heavy rock collection.
on 2 January 2014
This is possibly the best album that I've ever listened to, its a hard rocking, guns blazing, fast and furious thrill ride the album doesn't have a single bad track on it whilst containing plenty of amazing ones, listening to this makes me wish that I had been there in the late 80s, able to experience Guns n Roses at their absolute domination. If you asked me to pick my favourite song from the album you'd probably get a different answer each time since there are so many top notch efforts and they are all vying for the top spot but my favourites include sweet child o mine, paradise city, nightrain and mr brownstone. If you're at all a fan or rock and/or roll then you probably already own this, if you're not then I strongly recommend that you get your hands on it as soon as possible. The only negative thing I can say about this album is that its good enough to leave you thinking "where do I go now?" after you've finished, in fact the next album you listen to might indeed sound a little lacklustre when measured up against this beast.