Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Learn more Download now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now Shop now flip flip flip

on 8 March 2017
An authentic feeling account and a good read as well. Highly recommended forvany one wanting some insight into British Apache missions
on 15 May 2016
Another block buster about one of the most deadliest machines within the militarys arsenal up against a formidable enemy hell bent on de-stabilising Afganistan, but as we see the members of 662 squadron are always out numbered but never out gunned.
on 26 September 2013
Overall, an excellent book that gives an amazing insight into a world we the British public get to hear so little of. For me it's heightened the deep respect and admiration I've always had throughout all of my life for our armed forces men and women. They need to know that whilst the majority of ordinary people find war as abhorrent as they do, that the majority of British people support them, are proud of them and feel their loss deeply when it occurs. Thank you all for everything you do to protect our country. Please keep yourselves as safe as you can. Thank you Damien for an amazing insight into the world of the Apache air crew.
on 6 January 2017
Damien Lewis's writing is just fantastic couldn't put the book down.
on 23 March 2014
Like others have said - not as good as Macey's books as it isn't a personal account. Well written but lacks the punch of the personal accounts. Civvies cannot fully understand the military mind!
on 26 May 2018
A really good portrayal of the early days of Apache deployment in Afghanistan. Battles win and many lives saved. We should all raise a glass to their efforts and the wider sacrifices.
on 16 January 2015
Excellent book following the Army Air Corps to Afghanistan. The book does justice to the workhorse that the Apache has become. From saving ISAF lives on casevac missions to taking the fight to the enemy the book has it all.
on 2 July 2017
Fantastic read that you won't want to put down!! Loved it.
on 31 August 2013
I lived every moment with them. I think all our boys & girls do a great job out there or where ever they are serving.

Being X service myself ( Royal Navy) I can see what they are talking about. More people should read books like these.
on 17 May 2016
Excellent, well written and informative