Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > Halo 3: ODST (Xbox 360) forum

Anyone else dissapointed with Amazon?Wheres my Halo ODST?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 29 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 22 Sep 2009 14:32:47 BDT
Stu A says:
I waited with baited breath for the postman this morning, only to be dissapointed! I wanted the game today, i wasnt bothered with the pre order code.should have gone down and picked a copy up instore. Now i have a worthless pre order code and no game to use it in!!!!Poor show Amazon, last time i pre order any games with you!

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Sep 2009 15:36:21 BDT
Same here bro. Shoulda picked it up in town. This is the second time in 2 weeks amazon have done this to me, and I'm a prime member as well. Thinking of cancelling my prime membership.

Posted on 22 Sep 2009 15:38:05 BDT
C. L. Keith says:
Completely disappointed with Amazon. No game on launch day, and there's all my online friends playing it.... Will not be ordering anything this "big" from Amazon in future. Check out Play dot com people, they WILL deliver on time - I know that for a fact because all my friends that are playing at the moment got it from them yesterday!!

Posted on 22 Sep 2009 15:42:12 BDT
Me too, no more pre-orders from amazon for me.

Posted on 22 Sep 2009 15:48:48 BDT
M. A. Guest says:
same here, i came home from school today (after having a rubbish day) to the eagerness that my odst would come sadly it didnt and to make matters worse i now have a johnson code i cant use!!!!

Posted on 22 Sep 2009 16:13:10 BDT
T. D. Clarke says:
As I said in other discussions, I am sticking to Play.com, Zavvi and Shopto from now on. All my friends who pre-ordered with them have their games today or got them before today. Amazon on the other hand...
For a large retailer the service is horrendous, you would think for such a large launch they'd be prepared? At least I realised before I ordered Modern Warfare. Shopto are selling it cheaper and will compensate if it's not there on release day.

Posted on 22 Sep 2009 16:20:33 BDT
P. Wilkinson says:
I am completely happy with Amazon aka back in my good books.

They ordered on time, and they gave me the Sgt. Johnson unlockable in good faith, which was a pleasant surprise! (I ordered after the offer ended).

Props to amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Sep 2009 17:08:45 BDT
Arrrgh says:
im so annoyed i have to go through two days of pisstaking from my friends before i get it...

Posted on 22 Sep 2009 17:10:00 BDT
J. Narvestad says:
I just checked my mail and it says they sendt it the 21th september, and that ill get it the 27TH! SEPTEMBER!....srsly last time im preordering something like this from Amazon.... It really sucks to get the game 5 days after i thought i would have it...

Posted on 22 Sep 2009 17:25:54 BDT
Callum Kerr says:
Skrew Amazon, I'm cancelling Halo: Reach and Forza 3. I guess Play.com is the better option after all.

Posted on 22 Sep 2009 17:30:08 BDT
This whole forum has said the same and I agree. Pre-ordered, nothing today, all my friends around my neighbourhood got theirs and we had some packages delived so its definately not the postal strikes. Never ordering from here again.

Posted on 22 Sep 2009 19:10:22 BDT
I got my sgt.johnson code today..erm yaay?!!!!! No game but at least i can play with my Johnson.

Posted on 22 Sep 2009 20:29:30 BDT
T. Stevenson says:
This has been such a let down. My son came home from school looking for his game but nothing had arrived in the post. This is the first time we have ever pre-ordered a game and it hasn't arrived on the launch day. I am very disappointed and annoyed that my son will have listen to all his friends on about it tomorrow. I won't be using Amazon for launch games again in future, or anything else for a while. :(

Posted on 22 Sep 2009 21:29:32 BDT
lamb3rt0 says:
How come Play are able to deliver on time yet Amazon never do? Sort it out, Amazon.

Posted on 22 Sep 2009 21:50:34 BDT
Super Ref says:
Same problem here. I got an email yesterday saying it had been sent. Have they not heard how slow the British postal system is. They should have sent it last Thursday. Very disappointing. Where can we complain? I want my money back!!!!!

Posted on 22 Sep 2009 21:56:39 BDT
same here came home from work to find no halo odst....TAMPING might be the last time i get anything from amazon.

Posted on 22 Sep 2009 22:03:46 BDT
Matt says:
I totally agree with everyone on this forum. I have preordered games from other retailers in the past and always received the goods before the launch date. As Budo states in a previous post, I had my delivery email yesterday, there is no way this is good enough to receive the game on launch day and Amazon should know this. Very disapointed.

Posted on 23 Sep 2009 03:22:30 BDT
S. Singh says:
I feel very lucky I recieved my game today looking at all the comments! - It's really bad how late some copies are expected to reach people, I guess the strike doesnt help.

Either way its a fantastic (if short) game!

Posted on 23 Sep 2009 08:55:39 BDT
Stu A says:
Somone call an ambulance,Amazon has just shot itself in the foot!!!!!Ended up going to Morrisons and picked up a copy for £29.99 and ive already got my email for the sgt. johnstone code!!!!Next time a big game release is due Im gonna check Asda,Morrisons,Tesco etc.Also most big stores are now open 24 hours, no waiting on the postman!

Posted on 23 Sep 2009 11:12:50 BDT
R. Collins says:
Play.com deliveries are free & always arrive on the morning of the release date (sometimes a day early) Amazon dont do this because they charge for the Amazon prime delivery service. All my preorders come from Play now, I only use Amazon for older games when they are often cheaper.

Posted on 23 Sep 2009 12:48:38 BDT
Last edited by the author on 23 Sep 2009 12:51:37 BDT
Agma says:
Seems going to Gamestation yesterday was the best decision i ever made looking at how upset people appear to be on this thread, my local branch opened at 12 til 1 for fans to pick up their copy, i suspect others across the country would have been as well. That or going to the megastore supermarkets leaves nothing to chance.

Posted on 23 Sep 2009 14:15:13 BDT
T. Jupp says:
Yep. I didn't get my copy either. Amazon are rubbish. What a joke. They're gonna lose a fortune to Play I reckon. If I dont get my copy today I'll start throwing bricks

Posted on 23 Sep 2009 15:37:23 BDT
P. Mcdonnell says:
I'm immensely disappointed in Amazon. I have now pre-ordered everything through Play.com and will have to wait until at least the 24th to even play the game...not what I was expecting at all.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Sep 2009 16:10:37 BDT
A. Crow says:
Same here too. Amazon said it would definately arrive today and theres no sign of it yet.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Sep 2009 19:01:33 BDT
Try not to worry 2 much,the Game is more disappointing, if u have not recieved it yet c can u cancel it or change for another game.ANOTHER BAD HALO GAME
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  27
Total posts:  29
Initial post:  22 Sep 2009
Latest post:  21 Feb 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Halo 3: ODST (Xbox 360)
Halo 3: ODST (Xbox 360) by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
3.9 out of 5 stars (273)