Have one to sell?
Antique Print-DIEPPE-HAUTE NORMANDIE-HOTEL PACQUET BOAT-Thornton-Bryant-1806
Available from these sellers.
1 used from £49.50
- Subject: Plate: 'View from the Hotel du Pacquet Boat, at Dieppe, looking towards the Harbour.'
- Size in cm: The overall size is ca. 28 x 22.5 cm. The image size is ca. 24.5 x 16 cm.
- Size in inch: The overall size is ca. 11 x 8.9 inch. The image size is ca. 9.6 x 6.3 inch.
- Medium: Aquatint engraving on a vellin type hand laid paper, with watermark.
- Condition: Very good considering it's age. A printer's crease in the image. Occasional light marks and/or stains from handling. Please study scan carefully.
Description: This scarse plate originates from: A Sporting Tour Through Various Parts of France in the Year 1802, by Colonel Thornton, of Thornville-Royal, Yorkshire. Illustrated with upwards of Eighty correct and picturesque delineations from orginal drawings from nature, by Mr.Bryant, and other eminent artist. (London: Longman, Hurst, Rees and Orme. 1806)
Artists and Engravers: Joshua Bryant (act. 1798-1823) was a British painter. He spend a portion of his life in Demerara (British Guiana), where he made a number of paintings commenting on plantation life. James Merigot (act. 1772-1816) was a French landscape artist and master drawing teacher in Paris. He settled in London around 1791 and established himself as a master drawing teacher and publisher of aquatints.
There are no customer reviews yet.
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|