Find Your Way Home--Bestselling Sat NavsPlan ahead and avoid traffic jams with one of our bestselling sat navs from top brands including TomTom and Garmin. We also stock a great range of up-to-date and fully-routable maps for your device, including popular destinations such as France, Portugal, North America and Scotland.
Antique Maps Paperback – 1 Jan 1994
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'An absolute winner of a book. An excellent general introduction to antique map collecting.' (Books, Maps and Prints)
From the Author
Author uses own book business!
Having joint-authored this book - first published in 1983 - I frequently use it as a first source of information in my business as a map dealer and I am often surprised as to how much obscure detail we managed to pack into it. After such a long time since it's first publication I often wonder where we managed to find the details as it seems to be much more difficult to do so nowadays!
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
You will find the best summary of British maps available today. Only a very hard to find copy of Skelton or Shirley will take you further. Yes, if you seriously collect British maps you will need both of these references as well. But these are detailed academic reference tools. 'Antique Maps' is what it purports to be -an introduction -the best one in print. It is a summary - the best one available. It is the work of two well accredited enthusiasts - and it bubbles with real enthusiasm.
The illustrations are always appropriate (rarely true of most introductions to collecting antique maps. Those of the British Isles etc are really inspiring. In fact, I have set out to own an original of each one reproduced!
EVERY SINGLE dealer I have bought maps off owns a copy of Moreland & Bannister. Most sell copies of it. All speak highly of it.I have never met Moreland but I have met David Bannister. He is a gentleman, a lover of maps and a man who shares rather than hoards. These qualities are reflected in his writing.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is a very good book about the history of maps. it tells how maps where printed. how people looked at the world. also the people who made it. Read morePublished on 27 Jun. 2011 by Verveer
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Graphic Arts > Graphic Design
- Books > Home & Garden > Antiques & Collectables > Reference & Price Guides
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geography > Cartography, Geodesy & Geographic Information Systems
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geography > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Reference
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Earth Sciences
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Atlases & Maps > Special Interests > Road & Car