Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£8.99

on 19 November 2013
Brilliant! Have discovered this artist after seeing him perform on a old grey whistle test show from the seventies on the BBC,didnt even know he existed until then.He plays my kinda music,just wish he was home based, I would love to go to a
live show........
on 14 January 2002
I usually avoid compilations as I prefer to hear an artist's work in the original album context. However, every so often a compilation comes along which so perfectly captures what an artist is all about and which offers such a comprehensive representative sample of the artist's music that it's hard to resist. Such a release is 'Anthology' by George Thorogood & The Destroyers.
For those of you not familiar with GT & The Destroyers, this is the perfect introduction. These two discs include 30 tracks spanning their entire career to date with tracks off of every release, even the live albums. The track selection on compilations is usually the source of most disagreement among fans, as the compilers can never please everyone. However, Anthology is a very worthy effort in this respect, including both 'the hits' and classic album tracks, even one rarity. I don't think Thoroogood fans new and old will have much beef over this one.
Check this out - it's as definitive a musical statement as you will ever hear from a band who still refuse to compromise and bow down to fashion. This is 100%, pure, unfettered, buckle-yer-seatbelt rock'n'roll. It is a joy to behold. Every home should have one......
I first saw GT and TD live in Leeds when they supported the Stones and they rocked like the pros they are. This album captures the essence of the man and his band and I cannot recommend it highly enough. The only thing you can do to enhance the experience is to go and see them live 'cos that is when you can appreciate George and the band at their supreme best. I last saw them at the Forum in Camden Town and they enjoyed the gig as much as the extatic crowd.
This album is as diverse as you can get! From the bluesy 'The Sky is Cryin' to the thumping, humping beet of 'Bottom of the Sea' (my favourite track). At every turn you find a gem! Gearjammer is one I've never heard live but what a track!! 'Shake Your Moneymaker' is a much recorded number but George breathes fresh life into it. 'Johnny B Goode' is owned by one of George's major influences, Chuck Berry, and wouldn't Chuck be pleased with this kickin' version.
Get this album but, most importantly, get a ticket to his next gig but be quick 'cos this man may not be mainstream but he sells out in a blink!!He proves your never too old to rock and roll!!
on 16 December 2013
What an album, I dithered for a while before I bought it and wow it was an instant hit for me. The rock and roll blues can't help but tap your feet to just about all the tracks. Fantastic
on 19 September 2013
I've seen George live twice now and this album sums up his music to me ,'Lets stick together' and 'Johnny be good' are two of the best versions I have ever heard
on 28 August 2013
For fans of George then its all the stuff you want. For fans of good rock and roll well played and enjoyed, treat yourself.
on 25 July 2015
Bought after someone recommended George thorogood to me. I had not heard the stuff before. Usually on albums where I do not know the artist I only like one or two tracks but on this liked most.
on 13 June 2014
I bought this cd, a double cd, and it is good rock'n roll, I can reccomend George Thorogood very much
on 13 January 2017
Like the the two cd set a lot.
Great service from EliteDigital!
Thank you very much!
on 28 July 2001
This album really is very good indeed. It comprises every single one of George's songs and many special treats such as Johnny B Goode. The songs vary from blues to metal and Bad To The Bone is the best of these consisting of many instruments such as guitar, drums, saxophones, trumpets and many more. A must album!