Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 20 August 2014
I was quite sceptical about using an external antenna to improve the quality of my 4G connection (Huawei E3272 dongle) -- having read some articles on the Internet that painted rather bleak picture of the effectiveness of such solution. However, since my mobile connection indoors is absolutely rubbish (even though both EE and Three claim excellent 4G coverage here, both indoors and outdoors), I decided to give it a try.
And I am rather glad I did -- the improvement is VERY noticeable. My Three connection used to be absolutely atrocious (weak 3G, download speed fluctuating between 64-128kbps on average) -- with the antenna attached I now get a strong 3G/weak 4G signal with download speeds between 1 and 4 Mbps. When using EE results are even better - went from weak to strong 4G and download speeds improved from around 1Mbps to 20+ Mbps, making the EE4G an interesting alternative for my ADSL2+ broadband.
on 11 January 2015
When mounted externally allowed me to transform a 3G signal to a 4G 2 bar signal. Downloads when from 1Mbps to 22Mbps with a 14MBps upload. Coupled with a Huawei e3272 I was able to change the network settings of the dongle to only use a 4G signal.

Using EE's coverage checker I'm not even supposed to get a 4G signal. I tried using the antenna indoors and noticed no difference but once mounted externally in the direction of the mast it made a big difference.

Drops a star for the connectors being loose, very easy to knock out and the fact that I think it can be bought a lot cheaper elsewhere but I should have done my homework.
on 9 September 2016
This item has been sitting on my wish list for many months. Some of the reviews were negative and I wondered if it was really worth buying. Well when we on holiday in France in June the WiFi failed at the apartment we were renting. We were in a valley and mobile signal was pretty poor but we got by using our MiFi.

We are off on holiday again shortly and I decided to take the plunge and buy this antenna. I have had it a few days and the test are all positive. In my study the MiFi will normally pick up a strong fairly 3G or weak 4G signal. With this attached I am getting a full strength 4G signal and download speeds are excellent. Web pages load as fast as when using our household broadband (Virgin Cable).

On balance an excellent purchase.
on 12 February 2015
Boosted weak 3G 3 signal from 1 bar to 3 sometimes 4 giving me faster broadband speeds than my ADSL at home
Includes a hole to allow hanging off a screw as a added bonus (mounted on a truss in my loft) as well as a sucker for a window
Very pleased
on 25 September 2014
I have a Huawei E5372 and there is no 4G coverage in my town yet on my network. However, this marvellous antenna drags in a full strength 4G signal from the next town. I was quite sceptical when I ordered this, quite expecting to have to return it, but now I will recomend it completely. I can't explain why it doesn't work for some reviewers in here.
22 Comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 August 2014
Obtain 4G where before there was weak 3G !
on 28 December 2015
I use this with a Vodafone MiFi 4G box. Mainly use it on the train which improves my 4G signal dramatically in areas where I can only get GPRS on my iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s. Also used it in a remote part of Wales recently and it improved the MiFi from NO SIGNAL to GPRS which I wasn't expecting! Amazing product!
on 13 April 2015
I found this device to make absolutely no difference at all to the signal I was receiving.

I tried it for two weeks, comparing the signals at various times and saw no improvement over the device without an antenna attached.
on 25 July 2015
The aerial is quite easy to set up, at least with my Huawei E5372 4G which exposes two hidden sockets for the dual plugs. Stick the antenna to your window pane or place it on a flat surface, pointing at your ISP's transmitter. You then start receiving 4G Internet Service at a fairly high rate (I get 65Mbs from 3 in North Doncaster, UK), assuming you have checked that the aerial is compatible with your internet service and signal. Not much more to it than that.
on 23 September 2016
I use this with the huawei E5577 portable wifi hotspot and have had great results so far, great for the caravan or even pop it on the parcel shelf of the car when on the move so the kids get a faster more stable internet connection for there tablets etc.