- Paperback: 304 pages
- Publisher: AWA Press; 2nd Edition edition (29 April 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0958291632
- ISBN-13: 978-0958291637
- Product Dimensions: 12.7 x 2 x 17.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.3 out of 5 stars See all reviews (3 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,026,773 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Antarctica Cruising Guide Paperback – Illustrated, 29 Apr 2010
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
This is a gorgeous book with all you ever wanted to know about the Earth s most unusual and inspiring destination . . . Even those who don t plan to go to Antarctica any time soon will love this inspirational book. "Destinations""
Worth buying for the illustrations alone . . . some of the best photographs of Antarctic wildlife I have seen. A pleasant change from the standard bird standing in the water shots of many field guides . . . an excellent souvenir for any passenger to the area. "Polar Record""
"This guide is a must for (non-pointy-headed) visitors thinking of going to Antarctica." Nikki Landow, "Independent"" --This text refers to an alternate Paperback edition.
About the Author
Peter Carey is a zoologist who has made more than 80 trips to Antarctica, including research expeditions as a scientist with the New Zealand Antarctic Programme and the Australian National Antarctic Research Expedition. Craig Franklinis a zoology professor at the University of Queensland and has made more than20 trips to Antarctica. He has publishedmore than100 scientific works, includingarticles in the academic journals"Nature"and"Science."" --This text refers to an alternate Paperback edition.