Anorexia Nervosa: A Survival Guide for Families, Friends and Sufferers Paperback – 3 Nov 1997
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I can't recommend this slim book highly enough. It is written for us shocked family members who knew absolutely nothing about anorexia, and for teachers and for anorectics themselves. It is written very clearly and accessibly, by one of our leading experts (Professor Janet Treasure,) and it fully explains everything you need to know about how, and why, and then what to do. It is a serious illness, but the book is written with great humanity and also humour.
This book cost me justs £1 as a 'used' book - the poostage cost more, but it is actually priceless.
Rita Craft, London.
This book is very accessible and you come out feeling there are others like you and that there is a hope of recovery. Easy to read and helpfully addresses your fears.
A practical guide for parents and an easy one to pass to my daughter in hope.
It helped me to better, understand the behaviours of family in trying to cope with a teenager.
In reading this, I was able to understand 'what not to do' and it really did influence a positive outcome
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Informative and educational, easy to follow and understand. I found this incredibly helpful to help understand and learn what a friend was and is going through and be there for... Read morePublished 10 months ago by Sarah
IT HAS BECOME VERY USEFUL FOR ME AS I ATTEND AN EATING DISORDER CLINICPublished 24 months ago by mrs linda buchanan
A really valuable resource, has enabled me to cope and understand this condition from the perspective of a parent. Recommended to me by a dietician/nutritionist at the hospital.Published on 19 July 2014 by che1970
Full of insights, anecdotes and helpful information for families and sufferers. It gave us hope! I would recommend this book.Published on 23 May 2014 by Phil Evans
Well explained in lay man's terms. This book was easy to read and very helpful. The illustrations were also thought provokingPublished on 21 April 2014 by LM LYNCH
Really helpful and informative guide- a little uncomfortable to read in places but this is a horrible illness and parents need to be aware of the realities!Published on 28 Mar. 2014 by Jane
Full of practical and sensible advice for all who are affected by an individual member of the family who is anorexic.Published on 11 Mar. 2014 by Mrs. P. J. Guess
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > Adult & Continuing Education
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Health Issues > Illnesses & Conditions > Eating Disorders
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Pathological Psychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Schools of Thought > Jung, Carl
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Specific Topics > Eating Disorders
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Self Help
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Diseases & Disorders > Mental Diseases & Disorders
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Education > Teaching Aids
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies