- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Annotated C# Standard Paperback – 12 Oct 2007
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
If you care about understanding the code you're writing, you should care about language specifications. When code doesn't behave as you expect it to, the quick way of handling the situation is to experiment until it does what you want - but it's far better to consult a book to find out *why* the original code failed. What better reference could you possibly hope for than the language specification?
Unfortunately, specifications are typically difficult to read. Where tutorials can be vague and woolly, specifications are meant to handle every possible situation, or at least explicitly state which aspects of behaviour are unspecified. Furthermore, they rarely contain the motivation behind various decisions - and it's understanding that motivation which can help you to learn to work hand-in-hand with a language instead of fighting against it.
The C# Annotated Standard is a rare gem - a reliable standard which allows the authors to express reasons, pitfalls, anecdotes, errors, and other little nuggets of wisdom.
I can't wait for the C# 3 edition :)
Every C# programmer should have this on their shelf.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Languages
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Languages & Tools
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Microsoft Windows
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics