Customer reviews

Annapurna: A Trekker's Guide (Cicerone Trekking Guides)
Format: Flexibound|Change

on 24 April 2013
I am in the US and bought the book to prepare for a upcoming hiking trip to Annapurna. My wife is Nepali,and her friend is a tour guide. The book is a good read. It is not a reprint of the old book. It describes the some of the new trails, the new road situation, and the current costs for lodging and food on the hike(much more expensive than before!still cheap by US standards though). It has trail maps from town to town. It has graphs of altitude changes between towns with common itineraries. It describes preparation for each of the possible illnesses. Really, it has everything I expected in such a book. I could go on and on but just buy the book. I'll admit the maps could be better, but everyone says to get maps after you get to Nepal. They are cheap and more accurate. This book is for planning, and prepping for the lifestyle in the culture of the hiking Annapurna environment.
on 21 September 2013
My daughter and I completed the Annapurna trail earlier this year, with a guide and a porter (thank goodness!). I bought this book in Katmandu before we set off on the trek, and found it added greatly to my enjoyment of the walk, with lots of interesting details I would not otherwise have seen or realised. Up to date and accurate, the authors are completely familiar with the area and have obviously gone over the trek personally very recently, (it was completely accurate re the progress of new roads etc, but these will inevitably move on with time), and full of good photos. We gave our copy to our Guide when we left (with our tip) and so I bought two fresh copies as souvenirs on my return for my daughter and me, and I am very happy with them - they add greatly to my own photos and memories.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 November 2013
It is a very good introductory guide to the Annapurna region. The maps are accurate and the text gives a good description of what the treks will be like. This series of Cicerone Trekking Guides is excellent. I have previously purchased the Cicerone Trekking Guide to the Everest Region, which I feel is better and more detailed than the Annapurna guide. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the Annapurna guide.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 June 2014
This a book about various treks in Nepal and includes a large section on the Annapurna Circuit. I bought the book as a gift for someone going to Nepal which they were very pleased with as it gave them other trek options.

I've used Cicerone guides many times and find them to be concise and informative.

The book arrived quickly and was in very good condition.

on 6 May 2014
This is a very informative and interesting book - essential for any trek to the region. Full of useful insights and tips.
on 19 May 2016
Bought for my son who was going to Nepal.....he thought it was great and helped him a lot with his trip there.
on 22 December 2014