Customer reviews

Anna Karenina [DVD]
Format: DVD|Change
Price:£2.37+ £1.26 shipping

on 25 February 2016
Not at all what I thought it would be hated the way it was filmed ( like a modern play done badly at the theatre) didn't even watch it all. I was so looking forward to a film version of a lovely book.

If I wanted a theatre production I'd of been OK with it I think but even this was badly done watching actors walking on and off into view dreadful!
on 19 December 2014
Absolutely fantastic. If you have read reviews on here about it being weird, just go with it. Its absolutely beautifully filmed and fantastic film. It isnt run of the mill, and maybe thats why some dont like it, but if you enjoy a film that isnt laid out in black and white you will love it. I usually find Keira Knightley mildy irritating, yet do like her as an actress, in this she has blossomed into a woman and is a fantastic lead character. Take a punt, you might just be surprised!
on 31 May 2017
Buying this DVD as a gift turned a friend into a girlfriend. Can't really give it a better review than that...
on 27 July 2013
I had read the reviews, which are mixed.
Keira Knightley does a good job in my opinion.
She depicts the helplessness, and powerlessness of a woman in her time, the slow realisation that comes to her that she does not hold any sway at all in the end.
I have watched this film once, and I think it is a film that requires more than one viewing, to really absorb the portrayal of the culture and the times.
I have not read the book, and I am planning to.
I expect to find many parallels to today.
on 25 September 2015
Certainly an original direction - my kids loved it (and it could therefore be an ideal introduction to the work) - but the subtlety and depth of characters, plot and meaning is obviously not there. Still...rather good, very entertaining, certainly worth watching and full marks for creativity.
on 3 September 2017
Extremely funny, orignal, unique not what I expected but I loved it
on 26 March 2017
Very dramatic film and very well acted.
on 19 July 2017