TOP 50 REVIEWERon 6 September 2013
Anker provided this item free of charge for me to test and evaluate. In exchange, I agreed to provide an honest review detailing my thoughts. This is said review.

I already owned a case for my Kindle Paperwhite. However, it was simply a storage solution, as the Kindle had to be removed whenever I wished to use it. With this case, that issue doesn't exist.

Protection will be the main reason people look for a case. This offering from Anker has a hard plastic rear with a lovely wear-resistant, anti-oil and anti-water synthetic leather material over the front and back. It looks and feels premium. The whole interior (front and back) is what they call a 'super-fibre' that protects the device from scratches. I can easily believe this as it's extremely soft, and continues the high-end look and feel. I'm more than happy for this to be touching the screen. The case seems tough enough to protect the Kindle in a drop from a normal holding height onto a hard surface, but isn't so large as to make it cumbersome.

I find it more comfortable to read my Kindle when this case is on, compared to when it's just the Kindle, no case. It creates something slightly more chunky to hold on to, whilst still making the all important one-handed-reading-hold possible. An issue with numerous other cases (including my other one) is that you can't charge the Kindle whilst it's still in the case. As illustrated in one of the product pictures above, Anker have moulded their case to allow for easy access to the charging port, the button and the light at the bottom of the device. The case's closing mechanism is dual purpose. One, to securely fasten the case closed, and two, to put the Kindle to sleep. Open the case and your Kindle turns on, simple, effective and it works.

The Kindle slots into the case with a reassuring 'click', and sits snugly with no movement whatsoever. It's not easy to remove the Kindle once it's in there. It's not massively difficult, but it requires a bit of a knack. I suppose if it were any easier, there'd be a risk of it falling out (which there absolutely isn't here). Simply put, this isn't a case you put the Kindle in and take it out on a daily basis, not that you can't, but it would become a hassle and there's really no need.

One final point is the company, Anker. I've had dealings with their customer service and it really is second to none. They always reply within 24hrs, and often numerous times within a few hours if need be. It's refreshing to come across a company that is willing to put in the extra effort when it comes to customer satisfaction.

In conclusion, I believe this case bridges the gap perfectly between portability, ease of use and aesthetics.

Would I recommend this product to a friend? Yes
If lost/damaged would I reacquire product? Yes

+ Premium look and feel throughout
+ Reassuringly snug fit
+ Oil, water and wear resistant synthetic leather
+ Extremely soft 'super-fibre' to protect Kindle from scratches
+ Adequate drop protection
+ Makes it more comfortable to read the Kindle
+ Access to button, charging port and light whilst case is on
+ Price
+ Customer service

- None

- The new Paperwhite (to be released Oct '13) will also fit inside this case
11 comment| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 November 2013
So glad I finally found a case for my Paperwhite that fits perfectly, is slim, made of what seems like good materials and even the sleep/wake function works. All for a very reasonable price compared with other "quality" cases. I'd definitely recommend this case if you're looking for one with all the above qualities and I would certainly check Anker's other products out in future.
on 3 November 2014
November 3d, 2014: This cover worked great. The Kindle turns on when you open the lid. The Kindle sits firmly in it and is protected from all sides. Also contrary to what many claim, it is very easy to take the Kindle back out of it. One just needs to press on one of the corners of the cover and the Kindle pops out. But after a few months the magnet that keeps the cover closed came loose. So now when I open it, the magnet sticks to the lid. To close the cover I have to detach the magnet from the lid and stick it back in it's hole. Apart from the loose magnet, it would be a good product

February 24th, 2015 ** - Two stars is what I gave this product on 3.11.2014 But a few days later Anker contacted me offering either my money back or a replacement. I chose a replacement which arrived about a week later and I am amending the review to ****. One star I deduct because the cover broke in the first place and I don't think that everybody who experienced this problem wrote a review and thus likely not everybody has received the same offer from Anker.

March 3d, 2015

Just tried the new cover, magnet fell out straight away. Unbelievable! Back to one star.

Anker, just send me the glue "Dancer" mentions in his comment!
on 5 December 2013
I really did not expect this to be so good at the price. The fit is amazing and the feel is wonderful. I would recommend this to all Kindle Paperwhite owners, who do not have a case. This should be the recommended companion to the Kindle Paperwhite on the kindle Accessories list.
on 27 November 2013
had done my online research,all good comments bought two one for my wife and one for myself, and I paid a SENSIBLE PRICE,
the perfect product.
on 16 May 2014
It looks good. Small and light and handy because it opens back on itself. Good quality and I'd recommend it.
on 19 September 2013
I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation, and I promised that my review is fair and honest.

I have tried another case for my kindle and didn't get on with it, but this one is great. Fits perfectly, is nice and lightweight. As usual with all the Anker products I own the fit and finish is perfect. I can't believe these are selling so cheaply. Get one for your kindle, you won't regret it.
on 12 September 2013
Looks well made and very light.
The back piece is a covered plastic shell which makes it very sturdy.
The Kindle clicks in very firmly and will not come out without a bit of force. This is perfect as you don't want it dropping out when you open it.
The auto sleep magnet works every time unlike some of my other Kindle cases. The magnet clip is also streamlined with the case unlike another case I have which is on a strap which gets in the way when reading.
I cannot fault it at the moment so see no reason not to give it the full 5 stars.
Also kudos to Anker for changing the description after I mentioned to them that it did not inform you that this was not real leather.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 8 September 2014
This isn't real leather, but who cares at the price - it's got a decent feel to it and looks the part. The shell is solid plastic (with a grove so you can connect USB and use the power button easily) that matches the black colour and it has a metal clasp on the front cover (that also contains magnets to turn off the screen).

The inside of the cover is soft felt so protects the screen perfectly. The hinge is a little loose and it can flap around at times, it's a shame that there wasn't a magnet on the back of the case to hold it tight.

Very easy to use with one hand (even flipping pages) and I'd buy again.

on 1 December 2013
This Kindle cover is really good quality and very well made! Fits absolutely perfectly! It took me ages to decide on a cover, however, I certainly made the right choice!