- Product Dimensions: 9.3 x 4.3 x 2.2 cm ; 122 g
- Boxed-product Weight: 181 g
- Delivery information: We cannot deliver certain products outside mainland UK ( Details). We will only be able to confirm if this product can be delivered to your chosen address when you enter your delivery address at checkout.
- Item model number: AK-79UN53V1-B8P56A
- ASIN: B005NFOA0S
- Date first available at Amazon.co.uk: 16 Sept. 2011
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1,324 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
Anker 2nd Gen Astro 6700mAh (2A Output) Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ Technology for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air 2 Mini 3, Samsung Galaxy S6 S5 S4 Note Tab, Nexus, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, PS Vita, Gopro, more Phones and Tablets (Black)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 10 million+ powered by Amazon's charging brand.
- Exclusive PowerIQ Technology: Detects your device to deliver its fastest possible charge speed up to 2 amps.
- High Capacity: Charges the iPhone 6 well over two times, the Galaxy S6 1.5 times , and other smartphones multiple times.
- Superior Quality: Premium LG cells, cutting-edge circuitry and a sturdy drop-tested exterior ensure durability and safety. Recharges in 6 hours with a 1.2 amp adapter (not included) and the included Micro USB cable.
- What You Get: Anker 2nd Generation Astro Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank, Micro USB cable, travel pouch, welcome guide, our fan-favorite 18-month warranty and friendly customer service.
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who bought this item also bought
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
ANKER: Amazon's Charging Brand
• The high average review rating of any charging brand.
• One in three chargers sold on Amazon is from us.
• Join the 10 million+ satisfied customers powered by Anker.
2nd Generation Astro Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank
The powerful and portable charger in its category.
PowerIQ Detects your device. Delivers faster charge.
Exclusive to Anker, PowerIQ amp-adjustment technology intelligently identifies your device to deliver its fastest possible charge.
Charges the iPhone 6 over two times, the Galaxy S6 over 1.5 times, and other smartphones multiple times.
We use only the finest quality LG cells, together with the advanced materials and cutting-edge technology, to ensure complete safety.
As small as a candy bar. Now upgraded with higher density cells and efficiency 10% above most other brands to give you 6% more power.
World Famous Warranty
At Anker, we believe in our products. That's why we back them all with an 18-month warranty and provide friendly, easy-to-reach support.
For Optimal Use:
• Use the included cable, your original cable or a third-party certified one (such as MFi).
• Compatible with the new 12 inch MacBook, 2015 (USB-C cable needed) Apple and Android smartphones, tablets (including the Nexus 7) and other USB-charged devices except for the iPod nano, iPod Classic, HP TouchPad, Dell Venue 11 Pro, Asus tablets and some GPS and Bluetooth devices.
Top customer reviews
After my initial problem it was discovered that I had a faulty item - Anker were brilliant is sorting it out! I received a replacement and it's been working great and as advertised! These things happen (not often with Anker because from my own experience they are usually very good) and I'm very impressed with the way Anker dealt with it when there was a problem! Excellent service!
Has stopped charging itself - literally only used it 2-3 times. Not sure why as I have a number of other Anker chargers which all have worked perfectly - it may just be this particular design.
Their support is brilliant. They've been quick to respond and very friendly. The end result is that I have a new device that is working perfectly. Anybody can have a faulty unit. That's acceptable. What they do when you receive the faulty unit to resolve the issue is what makes the difference to the customer. I'd recommend Anker to anybody looking for a battery.
The unit itself is very neat. It's compact and tidy. I bought it with the aim of giving me at least one extra full charge on my phone when I'm travelling. So it'll do that easily.
It's very easy to use. Use your standard phone charger to charge it up. When you want to charge your USB device just plug it in to the battery. There's a big white indicator which shows the amount of battery left. So that's it. It does exactly what it says on the tin.
First impressions were excellent - the item feels substantial and well made, and nice touches like a useful protective bag being included, numerous connectors (less as noted in many other reviews a lightening connector) all for under £20 seems like amazing value for money.
The first few uses were problem free, and helped keep my phone charged whilst off the beaten track and that was more than worth the purchase price.
The problems started not long after purchase, when travelling in sub zero weather in the UK. When plugging in the phone it would charge for a couple of seconds, then stop for a couple of seconds then start again and keep repeating that cycle. The phone was not at fault and I worried that damage could be caused by the stop/start charging. I tried a number of options including new cables etc but without luck. Though I could not be absolutely certain I put the fault down to the very cold weather, but I was no longer confident to still use this routinely.
Anker customer service responded unprompted to my review and replaced the unit - this time with a slightly different model to the one I had bought, including being packed with different accessories. As at Mar 2015 I see that the photo of the item has been changed to a third design, so it seems Anker are changing the product quite often; hopefully later purchasers will have more luck with theirs.
In summary, this is a great idea but did not prove reliable in cold conditions.
TIP - Buy the Amazon 10cm USB lead for your phone to use with this rather than a long one!
Using the Go Pro with its supplied battery alone, I got 1hr 9mins recording time. Using the Go Pro with the Anker Astro, I got some seriously good results.
If you Google "Review Anker Astro 5600 photography" my review should come up number 1. Check it out and then buy the Anker Astro. I can also use this to charge my iPhone, iPod and the kids' Sony PSP's and Google Nexus...brilliant.
All Things Photography
Overall, I'm very happy.