- Save 30% on Anker PowerPort Qi Wireless Charger when you purchase 1 or more Any Anker products offered by AnkerDirect. Enter code 6KVQSAQ5 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Save 20% on ※Anker 24 W Dual Port Car Charger ※ when you purchase 1 or more Any Anker products offered by AnkerDirect. Enter code 7ZIMQP35 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
2 year Breakdown & Accidental Damage Coverfrom London General Insurance Company Limited
- Mechanical and electrical breakdown cover including accidental damage.
- E-mail delivery of policy documents within 24 hours.
- If your product cannot be repaired, you choose between a replacement or an Amazon Gift Card to the value of a replacement.
- Cancel at any time; full refund within 45 days, proportional thereafter. Transferable if you sell or gift your product.
- Amazon Protect does not cover products purchased for business/commercial use and only covers products purchased on the same day from Amazon.co.uk. Please read the Policy Summary and Terms and Conditions located on the insurance product page before buying.
Anker AK-A7514041 3-Port USB 3.0 Ultra Slim Data Hub for Macbook, Mac Pro/mini, iMac, Surface Pro, XPS, Notebook PC, USB Flash Drives, Mobile HDD, and More
Customers Keep It - This product has a lower than average return rate when compared to similar products.
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Easily add 3 USB 3.0 SuperSpeed ports to your PC and enjoy data transfer rates of up to 5Gbps for faster sync times.
- 1 gigabit ethernet port gives access to superfast network speeds, backward compatible with 10/100 ethernet.
- Compact unibody aluminum design effectively saves precious desk space. Green LED indicates normal operation.
- Built-in surge protection keeps your devices and data safe and supports hot swapping.
- Package contents: Anker® 3-Port USB and Ethernet Hub (with 1.3ft USB 3.0 cable), welcome guide, our fan-favorite 18-month warranty and friendly customer service.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Compare with similar items
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Anker® Unibody 3-Port USB 3.0 and Ethernet Hub
Sync and connect through more ports at speed.
SuperSpeed Transfer × 3.
Don't deny your devices access to SuperSpeed ports. With transfer rates of up to 5Gbps, set aside less time for syncing and more time for work. And thanks to 3 extra data terminals, you no longer have to constantly switch and unplug everything.
Connect to the 1 gigabit ethernet port and access superfast network speeds of up to 1000Mbps. We've also thrown in a 1.3ft USB 3.0 Cable to make sure your data syncing is just as quick.
Keeping Things Light.
What good is such versatility if you can't take it out? With no screws and a compact unibody design, the Anker® Unibody 3-Port USB 3.0 and Ethernet Hub expands your capability, wherever you are.
Power Usage Alerts:
• To ensure a stable connection, don't use this hub with high power-consumption devices such as some large-capacity hard drives.
• This hub is not meant to serve as a stand-alone charger. It is not compatible with iPads or any other devices with irregular charging requirements.
• Windows (32/64 bit) 8.1 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP, Mac OS X 10.6 to 10.9, Linux 2.6.14 or above.
• On Windows, a driver needs to be manually installed to enable ethernet connection. No drivers required for data ports on all compatible systems.
• Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 users should upgrade to Mountain Lion 10.8.2 or later to avoid unstable connections.
• 2.4Ghz wireless devices (keyboards, mice, etc.) may not work around USB 3.0 ports. Try using a USB 2.0 connection.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Definitely feels as if you get a bit more for your money than from the Apple one. Time will tell whether it lasts as long as Apple kit...
One thing you may want to do, if you're on wifi as well, is to go into the Network system preferences and change the order of the adapters so this gets priority over the wifi. Other ethernet interfaces get positioned higher up automatically - this one didn't for me. You can 'Set Service Order' under the little cogwheel button.
Note: I had to install a driver from Anker to make it work on OSX, as it doesn't recognise the chipset (Realtek RTL8152B).
# 20/4/2017 update (from 5 to 2 stars)
I had a few issues using this with El Capitan. Sometimes when I unplug and later plug the adapter, OSX won't recognise the LAN port (but does recognise the USB devices plugged to the adapter). To fix this, I have to reboot OSX. I'm not installing OSX Sierra to see if it fixes this issue.
- The design is absolutely great, it looks like a small portable battery but has a very nice metallic unibody design and is very very small and portable.
- Easy to use, you plug it in and off you go no on device setup required at all. Even with Linux (I have tested it to work perfectly on a Windows 10 laptop, Toshiba Chromebook 2 running both Chrome OS (even though it is not advertised to work with these) and Linux on the same chromebook.
- Internet bit is capable of performing really well, it handled 180Mbit download speeds for large movies with no issues,
- Using a hard disk directly in the USB port compared to using it through the hub gives roughly the same speed (even with ethernet runining at the same time), using more than one device through the hub simultaneously decreases the speed to roughly 80% (I used 2 SanDisk Ultra Fit USB 3.0 drives) compared to using a single one in the computer port.
If you upload something really fast (250Mbits) it crashes after a couple of seconds on Linux (it never gets this fast on Windows anyway) and the only way to get it to work again is to unplug it and plug it back in again. This is in a so-so department as it is a very specific thing that most people (including me when I am not testing a device) will never notice and as such is not that important and might be the adapter is not the component at fault for this.
It heats up quite a bit, never to the levels that it will burn you but it is by far the warmest bit of my (fanless) chromebook even under no load at all. This results in it using more battery than an onboard ethernet or wifi adapter (using only the ethernet function of the hub). For example Streaming a 2h long video using wifi would use about 25% of my battery while using the hub this would be 30% (I tried it on 5 different movies and various battery levels and have got relatively consistent results, +-1% to what I specified above). Of course in my opinion this is not that much of an issue as if you are close to an ethernet port you are probably close to a power socket but it is worth noticing.
All in all I would recommend it, it is the best ethernet hub I have had a chance to use.
From Surface internal SSD to a file share on a server with SSD using 1Gbps network - 113 MB/s
From USB 3.0 SanDisk Extreme to Surface internal SSD USB 3.0 SanDisk Extreme using the Anker USB 3.0 Hub 210MB/s
From USB 3.0 SanDisk Extreme to Surface internal SSD USB 3.0 SanDisk Extreme NOT using the Anker USB 3.0 Hub (Direct on the Surface USB 3.0 Port) 215MB/s
From Surface internal SSD to USB 3.0 SanDisk Extreme using the Anker USB 3.0 Hub 90MB/s (Removable disks have write cache turned off by default)
From Surface internal SSD to USB 3.0 SanDisk Extreme NOT using the Anker USB 3.0 Hub (Direct on the Surface USB 3.0 Port) 95MB/s (Removable disks have write cache turned off by default)
From Surface internal SSD to USB 3.0 attached Intel 520 SSD NOT using the Anker USB 3.0 Hub (Direct on the Surface USB 3.0 Port) 175MB/s (Removable disks have write cache turned off by default) reversing the copy operation clocks 214MB/s
From Surface internal SSD to USB 3.0 attached Intel 520 SSD using the Anker USB 3.0 Hub 170MB/s (Removable disks have write cache turned off by default) reversing the copy operation clocks 210MB/s
Using the Network and USB 3.0 hub at the same time:
There is a small drop in performance which is expected.
From Surface internal SSD to a file share on a server with SSD using 1Gbps network at the same time a similar file is copied to the SanDisk Extreme attached to the Anker USB 3.0 Hub - 107 MB/s
One thing to be aware is that not all USB caddies will work.
I connected a StarTech.com S2510BMU33CB holding a Intel 520 SSD to the Anker USB 3.0 HUB and did not power up.
Ronsen 888U3 HDD Cable Adapter - USB 3.0 and the disk worked perfectly for this test.
Most recent customer reviews