Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Pre-order now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 20 December 2013
When this arrived (and it arrived promptly, in excellent packaging) the magnet kept pulling out the piece of metal that it was to attach itself to in order to close the cover.
I superglued the metal in place and have had no bother with it since.
The reason I'm giving this product 5 stars is that a) it's an excellent piece of kit but also b) Anker customer service is top notch. They emailed me to see if I was satisfied with the product and I told them about the magnet, the metal strip and the superglue. They immediately offered a partial refund of £3 which I accepted. I didn't go looking for compensation - they offered it, with no quibble.
I've been using the cover for 2 weeks now and it's really great. Highly recommended.
on 21 July 2014
Poor quality case, that I returned for a refund, and then bought the genuine Amazon item.

I bought this because of the reviews and the price. However I can only assume that people thought that it was good for the cheap price, not genuinely good.

It is similar to the genuine Amazon item, but in every aspect, it is not as good. However the real killer is the metal clasp has sharp edges (not the rounded edges of the Amazon version), so if you put it in a bag with other items, they will probably end up scratched.

Yes it is a lot cheaper than the RRP Amazon item, but I found another store selling the Amazon cases for half price, and at a £5 difference, this case is very poor value.
on 22 September 2014
Happy with this case. It is a nice imitation leather look. It fits my Kindle Paperwhite perfectly. I didn't want a black case as I hate rummaging in the black hole that is my handbag for anything. The Bright Blue case instantly stands out. It shuts down and activates the devise with a lift and lower of the case front flap. Lightweight but feels sturdy. Slim so doesn't add much to the devise dimensions. Much cheaper than the leather case (that only comes in black) from Amazon Kindle.
on 12 December 2014
Glad I didn't pay a fortune for one of the other cases available when this one does a perfectly good job. Looks smart and I like that it turns your kindle off when you close it. Had it a few months now and still as good as when I bought it, so I just bought one for my sister for the kindle she's getting for Xmas.
on 7 February 2014
Love this Paperwhite case. Its beautiful, well made, sturdy and fits my Kindle perfectly. The colour is exactly as in the photo and the magnetic capability works great (turns itself on and off when you open/close the case).

I highly recommend this product!
on 12 February 2014
I have a Kindle with keyboard and bought the official Amazon cover at ridiculous expense primarily to protect my new toy. Being both clumsy and unlucky my Kindle Paper white was unlikely to survive without a cover of some sort. Good points: very snug, clever power on mechanism, screen protected, my Kindle could now pass for a thin diary. Bad points: Magnetic 'lock' will inevitably take a hammering and not sure it will be up to the job long term, lining fabric 'frayed' protruding from external cover looks as if there is a fluff trail, the level of protection may be more imagined than real. In comparison to the official cover purchased for my first Kindle this cover is a very thin relation. Not a forever cover but for the price that was probably an unrealistic ask.
on 3 July 2014
Purchased for kindle Eink display. Does the job of protecting. Unfortunately the magnetic catch was loose and came out every time the cover was opened. Have used super glue to stick the catch into the cover easier than returning item.
on 8 January 2014
Compared to the official Kindle cover, the Anker case is clearly an inferior product. That said, the price difference certainly does not equate the difference in quality between these two items.

Anker have provided a really extraordinary amount of value for money here. The hard moulded plastic inner holds the Kindle extremely securely, to the point that getting the Kindle out of the cover is quite a challenge (this is a good thing - it won't pop out if you drop it). The chamfered edges are smooth and comfortable in the hand, and while there is obvious evidence of the injection moulds, you'd be hard pressed to notice them by touch alone. The magnet is strong enough to hold the cover closed securely, and gives a satisfying click when you close it.

The most important feature for many is the exterior faux-leather finish and the soft-touch surface inside. In this respect, Anker have outdone the official Kindle cover. The TPU leather easily matches the finish of the official cover, and while I got the blue version by accident, I can safely say that it matches the product pictures perfectly. The soft touch surface on the inside is the real winner here though; it feels very much like real suede, and is extremely comfortable to hold. It easily surpassed the official cover in terms of long term comfort.

Of course, no product is without its flaws, and in this case the magnet is the culprit. Its housing doesn't look particularly secure, and is raised a few millimeters above the plastic that holds it. I wouldn't be surprised if I need to glue it back into place in a few years time. That said, to date its held securely and works as it should.

All in all, you'd be a fool to waste £30 on the official version when you can get a very ()and I stress very) slightly inferior cover for less than half the price.
on 15 July 2016
I liked the idea of a kindle, but once I tried it I realised it wasn;t for me. Shame really, but I couldn't fault the quality of the cover. I was very pleased with the quickness of the delivery and how helpfull customer service were when I contacted them on the phone.to return the items.
on 17 August 2014
I was prompted to leave this feedback by Anker themselves, but without any reward. I normally ignore requests like that, but this product has been great, and i really wanted to help people choosing their kindle cover.

Aesthetics and appearance:
I got the light blue one - and it is a beautiful colour, that totally matched the colour it appeared on my laptop prior to purchase. The feel and texture of the cover is wonderful.

Function:
The magnetic catch works well, and it turns the kindle off every time. I read that it may not be resistant to scratches on one review, but for the type of use i will put it through, it has coped just fine. The harder cover allows you to hold it more like a book. The charger and on/off switch are still easily accessible, though i never use the on/off switch now.

I got it at a discount price (perhaps half?), but i am so glad i bought it. Its great and makes me want to use my kindle even more!