Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Playlist - Acoustic Christmas Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 20 June 2014
Looks good, solid and like it will work for a long time. So far so good, it charges my mobile quickly in the car, so it' more than just a top up. I like the extra slot for apple devices' cable, which I will use on long journeys to make sure my ipad is charged up and full when i get to destination despite streaming my long playlist by bluetooth from it to the car stereo.

The only reason i don't give 5 stars is that the instructions while handy, left me not knowing if the extra slot can be used for non apple cables, so it could be my lack of knowledge of the voltage/ampere/resistance specs but .... probably a few other people out there the same
on 23 November 2015
Great solution for my work mobile and personal iphone.
on 11 April 2016
Great product! Thanks.
on 6 April 2013
This item is very well constructed and does the job excellently.
The high capacity outputs provide more than enough power for my smartphone and tablet.
Would buy again if necessary
on 27 February 2013
My usual experience with third-party accessories has never been particularly good however, having used some of Anker's products before I was more than happy to give the dual-port car charger a go. As usual, the delivery service via amazon.co.uk was fantastic and the item was delivered in perfect condition. The charger is delivered in a small box, containing the charger and a small yet informative instruction manual.

The charger is of good quality with a reassuring weight, a lovely coiled micro-usb lead, a spare usb port and a small blue light that indicates that the charger is installed and working correctly. Since receiving the charger, around seven days ago, I have been using it ever since to charge an iPhone 5 and an in-car bluetooth speaker. The experience has been flawless. The charger sits very well within my VW Golf and is not at all obtrusive however, this is clearly dependent on where your car lighter is located within your car. The charging experience has been excellent, very quick, very responsive and I have not experienced any loose connections resulting in a non-charge. Anker state that this particular charger has been optimised for both Android and Apple devices, resulting in quicker charges, and I can definitely vouch for this on my iPhone 5 and iPad 2. In regards to Android devices, I did not have any to test but my bluetooth car speaker which uses micro-usb to charge certainly charged a lot quicker in comparison to previous experiences.

If I had to pick at something, I wish that Anker had provided an Apple 30 pin or lighting port lead however, at this cost I can understand why they did not.

In conclusion, I use the charger everyday, it has not caused me any aggravation, the devices that it has been used to charge are still working without a glitch, my devices are charging a lot quicker and the cost of this experience is quite reasonable. It would be fair to say that I am very with the chargers performance so far.

Oh and if you do experience an issue, it is always nice to know that Anker offer an 18 month warranty for the product too.

Hope this helps guys!
11 Comment| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 19 December 2012
I was given this free to review.
This is a useful accessory which will charge / run pretty well everything from a car socket (so far the only thing that I have found that it will not charge is a "Flip Video camera" but I have yet to find a charger that will charge that. Anker, the manufacturers, have done something with the data connectors to fool ipads etc into thinking that it is a genuine OEM charger so that it can charge at 3A and charge much quicker, there is no danger of overcharging as the device being charged will only draw as much current as it needs.. There are two usb outlets but one is the normal large usb socket and the other a miniature usb which is on the end of a curly lead (this plugs into the like of Kindles, Blackberrys etc). It does get hot in use particularly if both outputs are being used at the same time, it does warn about this in the instructions. The only negative comment I have is that there is a very bright blue led on the top and depending on where the socket is in your car can be distracting at night, obviously the driver should not be using a handheld device but one could be on charge while driving.
If there are any long term reliability problems I will update this review, but so far an excellent product and it does have a 18 month warranty.
on 26 January 2013
Having a nokia lumia which a fairly power hungry phone a car charger is a must, I have had several 1 amp USB car chargers in various shapes and forms and they usually are only really good at maintaining the battery level, but don't seem to put much charge in if any.

I was happy to see that after my first use of the this the battery level had noticeably increased and was fully charged by the end of my journey (starting at 50% before hand).

This works well with us as we have a car with only 1 lighter socket attached, and with a second USB cable both my wife and myself can charge our phones at the same time.

The built in cable is coiled, which although it doesn't feel like it would reach a great distance is actually a lot neater then using a non coiled cable around the dash. (May sound irrelevant but i was surprised the difference it made locating the cable etc.)

The blue LED is inoffensive and can clearly see it's working.

I would imagine that this would be extra beneficial for the higher powered usb devices such as ipads etc.

Definitely would recommend this to a friend as the cheaper lower power alternatives very often seem to fail to keep up with high powered smart phones etc.
on 26 December 2012
This little device is a must-have for any Blackberry/iphone/ipad user. It has a standard USB port to which you can connect your iPad /select models of Blackberrys/other devices, and an attached wire with a micro USB connector which you can use to charge a variety of devices.It will charger your device really quick. Unlike most In-car charging unit, this fits tightly into the car's 12v socket. I was able to charge my iPad 2 and Blackberry 9900 simultaneously. Another invaluable gadget to my collection.
on 11 November 2013
Pretty much does what it says it does. I run a tablet as my front end as part of my ICE installation, the USB is connected to my phone dock. This device is able to keep up with charging demands for both my phone & tablet when in full use (screen permanently on & bluetooth/gps etc. in use). Impressed considering I used to have a hard-wired charger behind the dash which cost a lot more & kept over heating & cutting out charge (to just one device!). This hasn't failed me yet.
on 18 October 2013
I spent a long time looking for a decent car charger for my Galaxy S2.

I wanted to be able to charge a tablet, my wife's iPad, her iPhone, my JawboneUP wristband and assorted other things so the ideal device was one with a bonded cable and microUSB connector for the phone and most other microUSB devices, plus a USB port for the rest. This is exactly what I wanted.

The charger is very well made; it feels really solid and is quite small. The cable to the USB connector is coiled; it's outer insulation is quite stiff, at least in a cooler country, so if the cable is coiled the wrong way the loops might distort. However, the stiffness means it feels less likely to damage the inner conductors through over-flexing and certainly feels tough enough to withstand getting caught in the assorted nooks and crannies in any car.

The electrical contacts are very well made; the outer ones are recessed, sprung metal buttons rather than bent bits of wire. The connector on the end of the cable is good quality as is the USB port. It doesn't get very hot in use, but that would depend on what you're charging and heat is to be expected from these devices.

It comes beautifully packaged, it would make a great gift.

Better still, just after buying it, Anker contacted me (via automated helpdesk, but when I tested it, a real person replied) to check if I was happy with the purchase and if they could help in any way.

A good product from a company that cares about it's customers. I'll look out for their products in future.

Highly recommended.