- Need help choosing a baby monitor? Read our Monitor Buying Guide to understand the different types available and which features will suit your needs.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
Angelcare AC701 Digital Touchscreen Movement and Sound Baby Monitor
|Price:||£84.98 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
|You Save:||£45.01 (35%)|
- Under the mattress sensor pad monitors your baby's movements
- Full colour video transmission with infrared camera for night vision
- Audio tic and two way talk-back features for extra reassurance
- Video camera features zoom function and the angle is adjustable
- Low battery indicator and out of range alarm for peace of mind
Join Amazon Prime and save £15 when you spend £60 in our Baby Store*, compliments of Amazon Family
Amazon Prime offers exclusive benefits, is easy to join and comes with a 30-day free trial period for new members. To redeem this offer join Amazon Prime, then add at least £60 worth of baby products (excludes nappies) to your basket and enter promotional code 'BABYGC16'. Discount applies at checkout and Offer ends December 31, 2016. Offer only applies to Qualifying Items purchased and dispatched from Amazon.co.uk at the website www.amazon.co.uk. It does not apply to purchases made from third-party sellers at Amazon.co.uk’s Marketplace platform. The Qualified Promotions Terms & Conditions and Promotional Code and Promotional Credit Terms & Conditions apply. Join Amazon Prime now
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Angelcare provides optimal peace of mind for millions of parents around the world. Designed to be user-friendly AC701 Digital Movement and Sound monitor watches over your baby when you can't. The under-the-mattress SensorPad monitors movement across the entire surface of your baby's mattress. An eco mode function allows you to set your monitor on a low transmission mode and the intuitive touchscreen on the mobile parent unit allows you to adjust a range of functions with ease, so you now have the peace of mind you need at your fingertips.
Features and Benefits
- Under-the-mattress SensorPad: the SensorPad monitors all your baby's movements, even the slightest ones. An alarm will sound if no movement has been detected for 20 seconds, and it features variable sensitivity settings. The SensorPad can be used with most baby mattresses, however it cannot be used with memory foam mattresses or mattresses with hollow frames
- Variable sensitivity settings: sensitivity may need to be adjusted as your baby grows and becomes more active
- Portable and rechargeable parent unit: clip the small portable parent unit to your belt and monitor your baby on the go
- LCD touchscreen: all settings can be easily adjusted with the touchscreen interface
- Full colour digital display: the colour LCD screen on the parent unit clearly displays a number of monitoring features, so even if the sound is off you'll know what's going on
- Temperature display and control: the temperature in the baby's room is monitored and displayed on the parent unit. An alarm can be set to sound if the temperature is too high or too low
- Two-way talkback feature: just press the button on the parent unit and speak directly to your baby
- Digital 1.8 GHz crystal clear sound: the digital transmission with automatic channel selection provides optimal sound quality and communication privacy between the parent and nursery units
- Continuous or voice-activated sound monitoring: the Angelcare system can be set to continuous or voice-activated sound monitoring, so you can hear all sounds in your baby's room or just when baby cries
- Hold and mute: the sound and movement alarm can be temporarily deactivated, helpful for example if you need to feed or change your baby
- Sound and vibration alarm: the monitor can be set to vibrate when an alarm is activated
- Audible 'tic' feature: the optional 'tic' sound feature reassures you that the monitor is working even when your baby is sleeping silently
- Out of range indicator: the out of range indicator function will advise you when the two units are not communicating with each other. Out of range situations can be caused by distance or by physical interferences
- Multifunctional: the monitor has the flexibility to meet your specific needs; it can be used to monitor movement and sound, sound only or movement only
- Eco mode: the eco mode function allows you to set your monitor on a low transmission mode
- Nursery nightlight: the halo on the nursery unit acts as a soothing nightlight and allows you to check your baby with minimal disruption
- Batteries or mains-operated: in case of power failure, the monitor reverts to batteries automatically
- Low battery indicator: the monitor will indicate when batteries need replacing
This Angelcare Baby Monitor is a UK model and as standard comes with a plug designed for UK 3 pin sockets.
Browse the Full Range of Angelcare Baby Monitors
|Number of parent units||1||1||2||1||1||1||1|
|Number of nursery units||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1|
|Number of channels||3||8||8||8||10||60+||60+|
|Frequency||864 MHz||864 MHz||864 MHz||2.4 GHz||1.8 GHz||2.4 GHz||2.4 GHz|
|Range (up to)||250 m||250 m||250 m||250 m||230 m||200 m||200 m|
|Screen size||1.3 inches||1.3 inches||1.3 inches||2.75 inches||2.75 inches||2.75 inches|
|Movement sensor pad and alarm||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Adjustable sensor pad sensitivity||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Tic movement function||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Full colour LCD display||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Colour video transmission||✔||✔|
|Infrared night vision||✔||✔|
|Volume control and alarm||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Voice-activated sound transmission||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Continuous sound transmission||✔||✔||✔|
|Batteries included (rechargeable)||3 x AAA||4 x AAA||8 x AAA||3 x AAA||2 x AAA||3 x AAA||3 x AAA|
|Batteries required (standby)||2 x AA||4 x AAA||4 x AAA||4 x AAA||4 x AAA||2 x AAA||3 x AAA||3 x AAA|
|Low battery indicator||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
1 x Parent unit
1 x Nursery unit
1 x Sensor pad
1 x Charging cradle
2 x AC power adaptors
2 x AAA rechargeable batteries
1 x Cord cover kit
1 x Instruction manual
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Everything can be turned on/off quite easily from the handset.
The camera is of good quality and provides a clear image and has a limited zoom option.
The signal is quite strong and the handset can be carried throughout the house.
The pad appears to work and will sound if she is removed from the cot or if she wriggles off the sensor and it can't detect her. I trust that it will work should the worst happen (although I still check her regularly). If you plan on rocking you're baby in a crib, you will need turn the pad off for that time as the alarm will sound.
The little microphone works well and as she gets older will come in handy.
The night light is pretty dim so I wouldn't rely on this alone.
The only cons are that the pad could be bigger; she has wriggled off it a couple of times causing the alarm to sound. (although I believe you can buy additional ones). This has only happened twice in 9 months.
I also wish you could toggle between day and night mode on the camera as sometimes during afternoon naps, night mode would be clearer but the sensor does not agree so the image is not as good as it could be.
Id recommend buying a gorilla stand to attach the camera to as it will be difficult to get a good angle without it.
1) Quite a large screen
2) Movement sensor pad works fine and we didn't need to adjust it. It even works through a very thick mattress
3) The night light is just the perfect strength - not too bright to disturb baby
4) Connection works every single time with no interference
5) Nice loud volume
Things to look out for:
1) The sensor pad needs to be placed on a piece of flat wood. Our crib (Troll Bedside Crib (White)) actually had a flat wooden base so we didn't to go to the DIY to buy a wooden panel
2) The camera is fixed but it has a pretty standard tripod screw mount at the bottom so if you buy something like a Joby Gorillapod Original - Black you can point it at baby.
3) The screen is not exactly mobile phone quality. It has a matt surface and you can see the touchscreen grid pattern on it
4) It takes a couple of screen presses to mute the alert everytime you pick baby up off the mat
5) When you leave it on auto night mode it sometimes struggles to figure out whether it should switch infrared on or off. This means you get a flashing imagine on the screen periodically.
Only point, battery on the monitor last hours but would be great ever longer, advise, keep charging base where you are going to do the most monitoring, for most people this will be on their own bedside table all night.
Ah - other advice, get a Joby Gorillapod or something similar to strap the camera unit to the crib, this allows you to get the camera in the exact position you need it and to adjust each night as baby moves/gets placed in slightly different places.
In two words - love it...
The battery lasts at a push for 3 hours so you will be charging this as often as your smart phone.
The touch screen is not very responsive so if it's a throwback to old days of touchscreen devices you want this won't let you down.
The screen, contrary to other reviewers, is terrible and it is really difficult to see without zooming in exactly what is going on.
Also getting it in the right position where your child can't reach it but you can see their faces is a mammoth challenge. I suggest investing in either a shelf you can mount on the wall or a camera tripod but you won't be able to get it pointing in the right direction without a gorillapod tripod.
And now my biggest bugbear with this product is the fact that you have no control over the chanel it uses so be prepared to move your other WIFI devices out of the way of this monitor because it will kill your WIFI signal, it will affect your telephone, it will interfere with your microwave and you can't do anything about it. In this day and age where you can even adjust your doorbell channel this is a major oversight.
If it weren't for the integrated sensor pad this would be long gone.
The manufacturers seem to know they have a piece of the market cornered so don't seem to want to progress the technology to match the current trends.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great unit, easy to set up and works a treat. Gives piece of mind when the granddaughter stays over.Published 3 days ago by LPuk
Works as described. Good user manual and easy to assemble. Also satisfied with quality of the sound from parental unit.Published 5 days ago by Damir K.
Works perfectly. Even if the surface is not completely flat and hard, the movement sensor is doing its job. I have used it in a carrycot. Read morePublished 6 days ago by Amazon Customer
Expensive electrical item, box bashed to bits, and far to big- item rattling around.
Only a few scrunched up brown sheets on top. Read more
This product is great apart from one thing it's hard to hear e.g when the TV is on. I could hear my baby being restless but not from the monitor and I had it on volume level 5 with... Read morePublished 14 days ago by Daniel O'Neill
We've bought a lot of rubbish for our baby, some cheap and some expensive, plenty of stuff we have Only used once. but not this. This is probably the best thing we've bought. Read morePublished 16 days ago by Have Credit Will Shop
Great picture, range and sound. It has worked well in our old house with thick stone walls-can recommend this product on everything but the batteryPublished 19 days ago by Matthew king
Super product. We have a little premmie baby girl, so this monitor really allows for peace of mind when putting her to bed. Read morePublished 23 days ago by tiffany