Customer reviews

1,078
Angelcare AC401 Movement and Sound Baby Monitor
Style: Single Parent Unit|Change

on 29 August 2016
Good system, you can vary volume on remote unit,it also has a graphic showing a bar for amount of noise at the other end. You get a little bleep before the main warning noise which is handy - fewer false alarms if your baby has just slightly rolled off the sensor for a moment. Full charge lasts a few days (you only have one charging base for two units).
on 16 August 2016
Still in use. The movement pad is so useful when baby liked to sleep ion his tommy hewn he was small. Also nothing happened, it's a great relief for me as I didn't need to look at him all the time. I heard there's app for video monitoring, also brilliant and save money.
on 22 February 2016
Great monitor once you figure out how to use it. The alarm has gone off once or twice as baby moved off the sensor and it's a pain trying to find a piece of wood to place the mat on but other than that we've had no problems at all. The parent unit also bounces well as after dropping numerous times it's still as new
on 15 August 2016
The sound monitor is great; very sensitive to noise, the volume control and reception on the handset is good too. To be honest, we never used the movement monitor as it seemed to increase anxiety levels amongst many new mums using it and besides, our baby moved around his cot a lot so would have set off the alarm on a regular basis.
on 12 October 2017
We love this thing. The motion detector 100% works and has saved our daughter after she almost accidentally smoothered herself twice! I would definitely recommend this monitor if you want something that does sound and motion. Personally I found it very reassuring for when our daughter was sleeping in her own room as well.
on 1 October 2017
Do not buy this product, if you want something that's going to monitor baby buy the Snuza Hero MD and then a nice normal sound and video baby monitor. Would return it if I could.
Firstly the unit is limited and cannot be used with things like Moses baskets and next to me cribs. You need a piece of hard wood to use it (not supplied) and after buying snuza I decided would just use it as sound monitor instead and set up was heinous. The user interface is terrible. Do not buy!
on 24 July 2014
I managed to get this at a bargain price and i love it, i can sleep well knowing my baby is safe in her room, i put the sensitivity on max because half the time she doesnt even look asif shes breathing. the mic is super sensitive it was picking up my neighbours when they close doors and talk! it took me a while to figure out how to turn the sensitivity down. theres a lot of extra features that i dont personally need like the audio tic, it would drive me nuts. the range is good, still works fine when im down the bottom of the garden or outside cleaning my car.

3 of my friends have bought this at the same time and ive heard no complaints so far
on 11 January 2016
I bought this for my newborn because he has a habit of sleeping on his front - it was a bit fiddly and tricky setting up but otherwise it's a great item. Alternatively if you are looking for something smaller I would have opted for the Snuzo monitors.
on 28 February 2016
Appears to do job but despite Internet search can't stop beeping when baby unit is turned off the battery back up means unplugging this doesn't help. Lots on this online so clearly common problem. First unit wouldn't set so returned it and brought elsewhere am used to constant beep now but embarrassing when guests visit very annoying
on 7 April 2010
Sleep deprivation is the worst enemy of the new mum. I found that the lack of sleep caused by my ever-hungry baby was being compounded by my paranoia about whether he was still breathing during the night. I was waking up constantly to check on him and make sure I could see his chest rising and falling. As a result I was even more exhausted than I should have been. Cue Angelcare, which has given me a far better night's sleep. We found it easy to set up and take it everywhere we stay (eg. grandparents). It really is very reassuring and has given me my energy back. The little nightlight is very handy for feeds. We aren't sure we always agree with the temperature on the monitor and have a separate one, but this is a minor issue. Would definitely recommend this product.