Customer reviews

on 19 December 2014
I always enjoy this series. Alyx as always leaves me feeling like she would be the perfect best friend. In Angelblood she and Israel's relationship was tested to the point where my heart was in my throat and was close to breaking at some points. I adore Jordan. Both men offer something that is lovable and challenging and I love them both. I felt exactly like Aylx....how can you choose?!

I am so glad the ending was left open and another book is being written. I can't wait for the next installment.
on 12 February 2016
I quickly became addicted to this series of books. Love the twists and turns. Real page turner.

Angelblood: Dark Angel #4 (Dark Angel Saga)
on 13 August 2017
a
on 9 March 2016
lovedit
on 20 June 2014
I wanna thank the author Hanna Peach for gifting me with an ARC of her book in exchange for an honest review. :)

Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! You seriously cannot imagine how I feel until you pick up this fourth instalment. I kid you not. 1% into the book and I was already swooning. You know if you start a book off like that you won't be able to put it down or function like a normal human should until you finish it all. And that's exactly what happened when I opened this book.
My gosh Ms. Peach has done it again and again and again and ONE MORE TIME!! XD

Without giving everything away... this book was another amazing journey into the beautiful and creative world that the author had created. It seems that with each book it just keeps getting better and better. With this one, the action is fully packed with awesome character development and a plot that you will definitely not disappoint.

I did find at times my jaw-dropping and having read the first three books I thought that I wouldn't be put on the edge go my seat. Boy was I wrong. It's like you the reader are a really there with the characters in the book.
There are quite a few surprises that the readers would really enjoy and be eager to find out.

And for those who want to burn authors and their books at the stake for having "love triangles" in their plots... you clearly need to get your hands on these books to change your perspective. The author does it so well that it almost doesn't feel or look like a triangle. Besides the romance, introductions and developments of new characters was done really well. Very believable writing of the characters. They have all grown and developed really nicely that you just fall in love with them even more.

Just get this book now! :) I promise this series is the best and it's a series that definitely sticks with you, even after the last chapter (and not cause of a cliff-hanger). I'll be counting down till the fifth book is released.
Ms. Peach knows what's she's doing and how to please, entertain and make her readers fall in love her stories.
on 9 June 2014
Angelblood is the penultimate book in the Dark Angel series and what a ride it was!
A lot of loose ends are starting to get tied up in this and we see Alyx having to deal with the consequences of her actions.
In the last book, Alyx had her memories of Israel and their love stolen from her, giving Alyx the opportunity to fall for Jordan. She found out about it in the end but now that Israel is awake & cured, the guilt is weighing heavily on Alyx – she didn’t mean to fall for two men and can’t choose where her heart lies – both men want her but who will she choose? I wasn’t sure whether I was down with the love triangle that came about, although I had always liked Jordan more as a love interest but things changed in this and the dynamic between Alyx & Israel seemed to change too, I have said throughout that Israel was always in the protected role with Alyx being the ‘protector’ but that changes big time here and I liked that because it put Israel in a new light. He really came into his own in this book and could back himself up, showing Alyx that he was capable and not always a liability and as I said this made a change in their relationship, he became an equal and he became someone who could stand alongside Alyx instead of behind her. I enjoyed the tension between the three of them and was actually glad that Alyx got some more attention as she had had to deal with the ‘Adere’ situation throughout the series, always wondering if Israel’s quest to set Adere free was because he still harboured feelings for her, so it was poetic justice that Israel got some of that back. Jordan was a worthy suitor for her and I thought that whoever she ended up with was a good match.
Obviously, the action is going to be good in this because it’s time for the Samyaza showdown and time is definitely ticking because Alyx has made a deal with a demon that either Samyaza will be dead in seven days…. Or she will hand Israel over to the demon Balthazar. So Adere’s welfare becomes a big issue in this because she alone holds vital information that could help in the war with Samyaza – if they can only repair her mentally and bring her out of her catatonic state – so efforts are made to help Adere fight her demons and it is done with style, I thought it was handled great and brought some good imaginative action to this book, even giving it a different feel – in a good way. Time is ticking and it adds a palpable tension to the story, there is a lot of work to do, recruits to the cause, training and of course a plan to get to Samyaza in the first place. Alyx must put everything on the line as she faces opposition to her plans, threats made on Israel’s life & threats to her heart…. She must put her faith, hope, trust and love to the test and so must those who choose to follow them because the losses they took in book three are still being felt here and not all want to fight. We still make some startling revelations throughout the book as new secrets come to light and redemption seems to be on the menu – all leading to a battle for humanity, a battle to save earth from the rule of a demon…. And what a battle it was!! You may think that this is the end…. But it isn’t as we realise that Samyaza isn’t the only threat to Alyx, Israel, the Free Thinkers and indeed, Earth – bring on book 5!!
on 6 July 2014
I received this book from the Lovers of Paranormal in exchange for an honest review.

No disappointment here. I was as glued to this book as I was to the first three of this series. Now that Israel is fully recovered, Alyx has to make a difficult decision. She has regained her memory about Israel but finding it difficult to choose between him and Jordan. She has feelings for both of them and they both want her. Will she be able to make a choice? I have always been on Israel's team myself but I guess we will find out who she really wants when she makes her decision.

Israel is no longer the one who needs protecting as his powers have grown whilst he was in the coma as a consequence of his injury. Both Israel and Jordan have to work together alongside Alyx if they want to defeat Samarya. Alyx manages to put an army together and they go into battle. Are they victorious? Do they manage to destroy Samarya? The revelation towards the end of the book was totally unexpected. I think I will leave it here and let you find out for yourselves.

A few developments go unanswered in this book and I guess, all will come to light in the final installment . I cannot wait to read the final part of this series.

I would fully recommend this whole series to those who like reading this genre. I am giving this book a well deserved five star rating. It was a compelling read and I would like to thank Hanna Peach for bringing the Dark Angel Series to us and look forward to reading Angeldust.
55 Comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 June 2014
I was given this book as an ARC from the author.
Having read the others in the Dark Angel Series and LOVED them this one did not disappoint one single bit.
Hanna is an amazing author, her books grip you so much you dont want to put them down. I found it sooooo difficult to go about my day without thinking about the book (not many have done this to me) I just wanted to find out what happens!!
I found Angel blood had less action in it but that doesnt mean it was any less appealing. This book is most definitely setting up for the finale and im sure its gonna be a hell of a book im sure!
The characters in Angel blood are just as fun, endearing, moody, loyal, feisty, strong etc as the other books and the love triangle finally comes to a head between Alyx, Israel and Jordan - sorry im not telling!!!
Alyx is still the fiesty fun girl as in the other books who makes me laugh out loud so mych so I get funny looks from people within the same area as me like on the bus hehe.
Israel has grown sooooo much in this book and he stole my heart hook, line and sinker.
This book also sees the start of an inevitable relationship for Cleo who made a brief appearance before, im not divulging but my instincts are hoping im right as the other person deserves to be happy.
With book four many questions got answered and new questions created.
Ohhhhhh sooooooo excited for book five!
Well done Hanna your a star!
Thanks xx
on 19 July 2014
I received this book in exchange for an honest review from the “Lovers of Paranormal” Group on Goodreads.com

I did not enjoy the fairytale references that encompassed the first quarter of the book. In my opinion it wasn't consistent with the previous stories and this disappointed me. Although I didn't like that part I have to say that the author was very vivid with details and it was entertaining. Fortunately, the story redeemed itself when it got back to what I felt it should have been.

There was a lot of character growth with this book. Isreal finally came into his own and became the man he could be proud of. It took him a while but now he is a man that is genuinely Alyx's equal. There were plot twists that I really enjoyed. Jordan, I love Jordan. He is strong, brave and totally in love with Alyx and they both make an awesome team. There is definately an unexpected love triangle going on. Alxy is brilliant, intelligent, brave. She is a very strong heroine and so easy to like.

This is a well written book with great imagination, vivid descriptions and strong characters. There are new characters introduced in this book as well as new sub plots that keep you guessing. So much is revealed in this story and so many questions are answered and I was shocked by some of the things that I found out.

I am very much looking forward to the next installment, there are so many things I still want to know. This is a great series. Great for adults and YA readers also.
on 5 June 2014
After Alyx made a deal with the devil in book 3 (well a demon anyway) you knew that in order to save Israel from a terrible fate that a fantastic adventure was going to happen. What you also knew from the events of book 3 was that Israel was going to have a hard time coming to terms with what happened whilst he was in a coma, as was Alyx.

Israel really grows up in this book and I have to admit to now understanding what Alyx sees in him. As for Alyx I didn’t find her quite as annoying!! Don’t get me wrong I love them both but their relationship finally really clicked into place. Even if their relationship in this one is on hold to a degree.

One of the threats that they faced are defeated in this instalment, in spectacular style. Our other favourite part of the love triangle looks like he may also get granted a HEA.

There is another side story going on in this book that is setting the scene for what is to come. Alas for fear of giving away too much i’m not going to tell you who is involved in this side story. We have met them before and their back story has been vaguely hinted at in previous books, and I mean very vaguely.

I am desperate for the ending of the series and how it will all come together and how their relationship ends up. I really, really want them to get a fantastic HEA.

Please note I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.