- Also check our best rated Smart Phone reviews
5'' Android 4.0 3G tablet smart phone MTK6575 Cortex A9 1GHz CPU dual SIM dual standby WIFI GPS Star N8000 Flash player 11, new google play store (black, white, pink)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 5 inch huge display and ultra slim smartphone/mini pocket tablet pc High sensitive capacitive multi touch screen
- Android 4.0 ice cream sandwich OS, compatible with thousands of apps from google play
- Build in GPS (navigation software is not included)Cortex A9, 1.0GHz + GPU Power SGX531T + 512MB RAM + 4GB ROM
- Support external memory card up to 32GB Bluetooth handsfree callingDual camera, 5MP with flash light
- Black, white, pink colour availble(black will be sent by default), contact us if you need other colour than black.
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Specification: Basic Information Model: Star N8000 Band 2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz 3G: WCDMA 2100MHz Sim Card Dual Sim Card Dual Standby Service Provide Unlocked Style Bar Color Black,White Shell Material Plastic & metal System OS Android 4.0.3 CPU MTK6575 Cortex A9 1GHz ROM 4GB RAM 512MB Screen Display Size 5 Inch Type TFT, capacitive touch screen Resolution 480 x 800 pixels Screen Color 1600K Colors Support Format Ringtones Type Polyphonic/MP3 Audio File Format MP3/WAV/AMR/AWB Video File Format 3GP/MPEG4 Image File Format JPEG/BMP/GIF/PNG/GIF E-book Format TXT/CHM/DOC/HTML FM Radio Yes, can play radio without earphone Earphone Port 3.5mm Card Extend Support TF card up to 32GB extended Data Transfer & Connectivity Data transfer USB/Bluetooth Mobile internet WAP/WIFI/3G General Camera/Picture Resolution Dual Cameras, front camera: 0.3MP, back camera: 5.0MP with flashlight Focus mode: auto, macro, infinity, continuous Language English, Arabic, Deutsch, Espanol, French, Indonesia, Italiano, Malay, Portuguese, Russian, Thai, Turkish, Vietnamese, Simplified/ Traditional Chinese Phonebook 500 Message SMS/MMS Input Handwrite/Keypad GPS Yes, built in WIFI Yes, 802.11 b/g Bluetooth Bluetooth 2.0 Gravity Sensor Yes Multi-Touch Yes, 5 point touch Dimensions 82.95*146.85*9.7MM Net Weight(Including battery) 210g Other Feature: Android market/Google play, GPS,WIFI, TV, Bluetooth, camera, Ebook, VPN Services, Google Talk, Gmail, Google Search, Messaging, HTML Viewer, FM radio, Email, live wallpapers, recorder, player, calendar,calculator, calibrator, clock, flashlight, weather, maps, places, latitude, etc What's included: 1 x N8000 smartphone 2 x Battery 1 x 3.5mm Earphone 1 x Data Cable 1 x Charger 1 x DracoTek Metal In Ear style earphone
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have thought hard to make sure this is full and balanced, but the phone is built well and operates perfectly. Is does become warm to the touch after prolonged use. My major issues are not with the phone, but with Ice-cream Sandwich. Google sky can only be used if you have Parkinson's, but that applies to all phones on the OS. I have yet to find a compass that will work, but again I believe this again is a ICS issue.
The phone arrived nine days after order preset to English with Android 4.0.3. My previous phone (a Sony E X8) was pre Gingerbread V2, so I was expecting great things and have to say some good some bad, jury still out. Not sure how upgrades will be handled or even if they are possible. The batteries are huge and would not look out of place on a small motorcycle. I have always run with phones with two batteries, one in the phone and one on charge. I bought a universal charger, but find it a struggle to set up and grateful that it's not a daily job.
I have old O2 sim only contract for 300 minutes/ unlimited text and downloads for £15/month Friends are paying £30 - £40+ /month for Apple / Samsung phones which have no more features and less connectivity than mine and that just adds to my happiness. Please buy with confidence and enjoy.
The thing is, it is a tablet and a phone. It is a large phone, as it is the same size, almost as a Galaxy Note, as that's the covers it takes. It is the way it does things, that I love. I love the fact that my emails are notified, the very second they arrive, so I never miss one. It is the way, when you make a phone call, that it recognises you are looking at the screen, so switches from a black screen, to the 'on' screen. Amazing! It has all the apps you could want, on Google Play, plus the ones already on it. I just love it and while I was away from home for 2 weeks recently, I didn't miss my laptop once. I sent emails from it, text messages, went on IM on FB and it was just great. I hardly ever use anything else - why would I? It does everything I want. I have my 2 SIM cards on T-Mobile and Giffgaff, as they suit me just fine. I get 3G and with a good data package for my PAYG SIM, it's all I need.
The operating system is a funny one, as it's not ICS, as ICS does different things, from what I've seen, but it works very well. It is Android 4.0.4 or something. I'm not expecting any updates for it, to be honest, but who cares, it works and that's all that matters to me.
A mention for Dracotek, they are just great. I also got a notebook from them, which came in just over a week, all the way from China, so I was impressed with that. It works just fine too, plus you get back-up from their staff to make sure you have a good user experience. I actually might sell the notebook, as I just use the phone all the time, but hadn't got the phone when I ordered the notebook! I also didn't pay any duty or anything when the phone and the notebook arrived, so that was a pleasant surprise, as you pay it from everywhere else.
I am just very glad that I have the phone, for the money and didn't go getting another, more expensive one. It just does everything I want it to do......so why change it for a different one? I love it and if I ever had to get another one......I'd just buy another one of these. Hope I don't drop it or something, as I am going to be gutted!! Oh, you should watch catchup tv on it, - it is even better than the Samsung on wifi - amazing, never loses a picture, no pixels - brilliant!
The dual sim works well. The screen is fine. There are a few things to comment about, and any issues are EASILY sorted....
1) The keyboard on it is foul, and the spell check I cannot get to work, Chinese or awful QWERTY.... but this is easily alleviated. Simply go to the Android Play app download function and get yourself a replacement keyboard app. I went for SwiftKey. Works great. The SwiftKey dictionary and text prediction makes it a doddle. You don't need to use that one, there are others, just saying it was my preference.
2) The charger seems underpowered and only works when the phone is not in use.... NO MATTER! Just detach the line from the charger and stick it in a USB on a PC etc. Works great then. I have just bought a replacement USB charger, and in fact this phone will charge on any mini-USB charger pelting out 5v 1a. Like an iPhone or most other Android phone chargers etc. Mini-USB is now the industry standard and most chargers are now 5v 1A. I ditched the charger it came with and used my old Android phone charger initially. No problems.
3) The screen comes pre-protected with a perfectly laid protection film.
4) For the money the camera in my opinion is great. Good sound pick up too.
5) With most phones, you stick a set of normal headphones in, you get the problem where the microphone function is killed stone dead too, as in you can hear them but they can't hear you. THIS DOES NOT APPLY HERE! To my surprise and delight, I plugged in some headphones and a call came through - I could hear them brilliantly, and the phone microphone was still live.... the caller could hear me. Result.
6) I wondered what the green plastic thing was for in the box.... It's an ADAPTOR! I bought a proper all-official Galaxy Note leather case for this as a punt... but this phone was a little too thin and a little too small - it didn't fit... BUT! for some reason I went to the phone's box, and pulled out the little supplied green snap on piece of plastic.... and fitted it onto the back of the phone - and the phone + snap on green plastic adaptor fitted snugly into the office leather case PERFECTLY! Great idea...
Very pleased. Does exactly what I want it to do.
Got an update... (original review September 2012, this bit 5th March 2013.)
The phone went a bit wrong, it stopped seeing the sim cards. God knows what happened.
The customer service of this company is WONDERFUL. Even though they are thousands of miles away in Hong Kong, you wouldn't know it, they respond quickly, and put right ANY problems as soon as humanly possible.
They re-sent me a replacement no problem and it is great.
A quick point about satnav... when using this as a satnav for the FIRST TIME you have to 'point it at the sky' for a good 10 minutes FIRST TIME ROUND so it works out under which patch of sky it actually resides.
All in all a great phone.
Worth every penny.
And easily THE BEST customer service of any online company I have since encountered. Their customer service makes enduring problems a lot more bearable, as the staff you encounter at this seller have a good attitude.