- Collect this voucher to save £5.00 on this product when you buy from Amazon.co.uk. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Visit the Wireless Speaker Centre at Amazon.co.uk to find the right wireless speaker for you. Browse our Buying Guide and Review Hub, to learn more, or shop our range of best selling models, by use and technology.
Android TV Box, 2018 ABOX The 4th Generation A4 Android 7.1 UHD 4k Smart TV Box with Voice Remote, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2GB RAM, 16GB ROM
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- We've upgraded the ABOX with better WiFi signal, any concern, please feel free to contact our 24/7 customer service.[A BOX, Say It, See It ] ABOX A4 is the fourth generation of ABOX android tv boxes, the first android tv box in 2018 to turn your tv smarter to search for today's forecast, your favorite contents, play games by using the voice commands to save your time of searching, a more intelligent way to enjoy your tv. A Box also recommends videos based on your personal preferences.
- [Turn Your TV Smarter ] This A4 android tv box not only designed with sleek and stylish look, but also runs on the latest Android TV 7.1 OS, which is easy to use for maximum speed without bloatware, lagging and freezing, 2GB RAM, 16GB ROM for double capacity speed, 4x faster than 1GB, 8GB competitors, making your tv and home smarter with unprecedented smoother speed.
- [Seamless and Effortless] ABOX 2018 A4 android tv box supports online OTA upgrading and don't need to download firmware from computer to upgrade the box. Seamless Set Up With Your Phone. Just download android tv remote from your phone to control the box like a breeze. (some models are not compatible)
- [4K Ultra HD and HDR Support] Unique 4k picture processing technology upscale every pixel for remarkable clarity, high dynamic range is the new standard for picture quality, offering a much wider of color, contrast and range to watch your favorite shows in 4k.
- [Hassle Free Customer Service] All Abox android boxes come with 2 year warranty and most hassle free exchange warranty. If you any questions, please feel free to contact us at @Aboxtech.official. You're just a few clicks away from DISCOVER WHAT MAKES A ABOX ANDROID TV BOX SPECIAL
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Colour Name: 4A
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
What sets ABOX A4 android tv box extraordinary?
2018 A4 Android Tv Box, the fourth generation of ABOX android tv box with extreme power, performance and beauty.
☞ Say It, See It
Intelligent voice remote to search for your favorite content, just say to make your tv beyond smarter on your remote or mobile
☞ Speed blends style and performance
7.1 os with OTA upgrading, 2gb ram, 16gb rom with a Powerful processor that optimizes smoother speed and your content for 4k clarity, color and HDR
☞ Incredibly fluid motion
Enjoy smooth, crisp action even in the fastest scenes with 4k ultra HD resolution and over 1 billion colors and HDR support to make color and contrast more real.
Unique,Sleek and Stylish Box adds style with the most up to date chipset and configuration, perfect for any of your room.
☞OS: Android 7.1.2
☞CPU: 64 Bit S905X Quad-Core Cortex-A53，DDR3 2GB RAM + eMMC 16GB ROM
☞GPU: Penta-Core Mali-450，frequency 750MHz
☞WiFi: WiFi 802.11b/g/n
☞LAN Ethernet: 10/100M, standard RJ-45
☞Card reader: SD/SDHC/MMC cards
☞USB Port: 2 High speed USB ports, Support USB DISK and USB HDD
1.Wireless：Support 802.11 b/g/n at 2.4GHz
2.Power Supply: DC 5V/2A, LED Display Tube
3.Power Indicator (LED) Power ON :blue; Standby :Red
4.Support Decoder format: HD MPEG1/2/4,H.265,4K-HD, HD AVC/VC-1,RM/RMVB,Xvid/DivX3/4/5/6 ,RealVideo8/9/10
5.Support Media format:
6.Support Music format: MP3/WMA/AAC/WAV/OGG/AC3/DDP/TrueHD/HD/FLAC/APE
7.Support Photo format: HD JPEG/BMP/GIF/PNG/TIFF
1 x Android 7.1 A4 Android TV box
1 x Bluetooth Voice Remote Control
1 x Power Adapter
1 x HDMI Cable
1 x User Manual
45 customer reviews
Review this product
Showing 1-3 of 45 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
REVIEW: Android TV Box, 2018 ABOX The 4th Generation A4 Android 7.1 - £50
I bought this box after reviewing many other versions, why did I choose this one, it's 4K and has a nifty remote with Voice which I thought my wife and kids would find easier to use than the generic remotes you get.
The packaging is nice, a bit like a mobile phone. You receive a power supply with UK plug and HDMI cable which is nice. The box is quite small its will fit in the palm of your hand. When you turn it on the device has a blue glow on the top as the ABOX logo is illuminated. There is a clock on the front of the box as well but its too small to read from the sofa. When the box is in standby, much like a hone when its screen is off, the illumination of the logo stops and the front display turns off except a small dot in the top left corner indicating its on standby, its very dim and small thus not causing any issues in the bedroom like some devices can.
My ABOX connects through an DMI splitter to send picture to my TV/Projector and sound to my Amp, for some reason when the box is in standby it does create a lot of static noise, this is not the case when it is on however, I have 2x Playstations, a Wii, Media PC and Roku going through the same setup which do not do this so I am inclined to think its the Abox and not my hardware. Apart from this issue the Abox is silent in normal operation.
Setting up the box was straight forward:
* Power Abox on and wait for first boot to complete.
* Use supplied Bluetooth remote (2xAAA batteries not included) to navigate the menu, You are required to sync the remote first time by following on screen instructions, the remote is fast and responsive, allow a few seconds from first press for the remote to connect to the box, It turns out the Voice feature is probably more of a gimmick, it does work yes you can open Netflix however once an app is open you find yourself navigating by hand anyways, the only time I found it useful was when using YouTube as the on screen keyboard is a chore to navigate. Some software does not work with the remotes up/down/left/right setup and you find yourself switching to mouse mode on the remote this brings up a mouse cursor which can be controlled by the up/down buttons, it works but its not perfect, I find myself thinking an air remote may be easier.
* My device asked if I wanted to use my phone to complete setup, which I accepted. It connected to my phone using a Google sync program (nothing needs to be installed) and everything including WiFi just worked afterwards - It was really easy and a big plus point.
* I then updated my ABOX to the latest version when it was offered, and updated all the pre installed apps. In the settings menu you can change some of the on screen menu offerings. These are things that are recommended to you that you might be interested in YouTube videos and films from the play store etc, personally it's not to my taste I'd rather have more control over placement of icons and backgrounds, I expect you can install other launchers that you feel more comfortable with. I have found that not all my installed software shows on the home page, I have not worked out why this happens on some and not on others, I also have not worked out if you can add from the apps list to the main home screen.
I could not test on a 4K TV as I do not own one however the box's default resolution on my TV was 1080p 60Hz
There is a built in Device test which was hidden: Hold down the settings/list button on remote for a few seconds. You get a test screen for SD card, Ethernet, Wifi, Bluetooth and HDMI, this results in some video and 2x sound tracks played over the left/right channel. There is other info such as DRM and network video tests.
I then installed several programs to test it out:
I noticed some additional programs I wanted were not available on the default Google Play Store, so I needed another way to install the missing apps I wanted.
Aptoide TV - Installed by downloading the apk file to a USB stick on my PC, insert USB into ABOX navigate with the file manager to the USB drive and open, you will be asked if you want to install from 3rd party. I did find first time I used a USB stick it did not like it so had to find a second one to use.
Once installed you will get a store similar to play store, but with more apps.
I've tested all the following successfully:
RedBull TV - Pre Installed
Netflix - Works fine, exactly the same interface as on my Playstation4.
Kodi 17.6 - UPNP from my Media PC - My Kodi is locked into 1280x720 and the option to change resolution is grayed out.
MX player - Plays local media from USB
I have no TV license so I could not test BBC iplayer.
The big downside was AMAZON VIDEO - FAIL. Amazon Video fails to work, it gets to the menus and I can even select a TV program, it plays the first 1-5 seconds of video then crashes every time, I tried several versions with the same result all failed, , and even emailed support who replied the next day and advised it was not supported but try a factory reset and update to latest android version then retry. In some of the comments they have replied to a previous post about it working in the next update but I can confirm as of the start of July 2018 it does not work, which was disappointing as it was one of the reasons I wanted the box, was to stop my PS4 being used for video. If anyone knows how to get this to work please let me know.
* Screen Mirror - I tried this feature but could, not get it to work, I even tested with some 3rd party apps on both my phone and TV box with no success.
* KODI - screen resolution is locked to 1280x720 not full HD.
Overall the ABOX is well made, has a remote which feels nicer than some of the cheap alternatives but the voice option is not worth the extra money its not slick and adds nothing, it's fast enough to not feel laggy compared to my Roku2 it flies, but there are cheaper boxes with the same performance and cost less, with the saving you could buy an air remote and end up with a better setup. There are no standout features over this than any other current android TV box released this year in a similar price range of £30-£50
The box is packed with S905X which one of the fast-mobile CPU. The OS is Android TV, not to be confuse with normal android OS which is for general purpose. The Android TV interface is specifically design for TV with remote control and the ease of use. This really help when navigating through different application. The loading time and menu appears in a quick manner.
First impression, the picture quality is really good. I think the GPU really help improving the picture quality. The picture is clear and color is rich. If you have a really good few years old quality TV with slow software, the box will bring the best of the TV and make shine like new TV again. The high spec CPU and 2 GB really help fasting the loading time and switching between software.
The box representation is really nice and tidy. It includes power supply, HDMI and Bluetooth remote with voice. Set up is really easy and quick, it can be done from a phone. The box is quite small can be hide somewhere as the remote control is using RF rather traditional IR signal. The box is best to pair with another wireless keyboard to extend the typing and searching web capability.
The box has various output; analogue AV, LAN, SPDIF out (3.5mm to coax), 2x USB and micro SD slot. This SD slot will be handy for extra media storage for offline use. An external hard drive can be connected using USB interface and create a media center. This is perfect for home media for family and multiple users.
Overall, this is reliable TV BOX with great hardware and potential use.
Super easy to set up and operate. It is just like having a computer built into your TV. The quality of the picture (4k) is simply great with great clear text and graphics. The speed is really impressive with fast response navigation and app opening.
It comes pretty much as a clean install with not much on it so you can choose to download apps that suit you, Netflix & Youtube are on there already.
I love the freedom of adding on apps from the play store, from SD card or from downloading. So much freedom with this device, not like some that have their own graphics environment that only give limited access to the apps available, this box is full android 7.1 right out of the box with no limitations which I'm pleased about.
It has two USB ports so no problems using a wireless keyboard and mouse. You have a SD card port for reading your own movies, pictures and apps. You can use an external hard drive to download, record and backup your content.
This box is a lot smaller than now tv box so takes up less space, and also can be taken on holiday with us for movies on the go.
I connected the android box on to my projector using the HDMI cable.
All in all a really great value way of making your TV a smart 4K TV. Highly recommend